• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lossing hair

gregprice29

I was given a 10 gallon tank with plexiglass lid. So I moved my Brachypelma boehmei adult female into it. She hasn't ate which could be pre molt maybe. But she has only been in there 2 days but I noticed this morning she has a dime size patch of hair missing. She has hardly ever ficked hairs at me. I did notice this morning there was a live cricket on top of her hide. I thought I had removed them all. That much hair lose concerns me. Should I move her back out of the 10 gallon tank

x_raphael_xx

I was given a 10 gallon tank with plexiglass lid. So I moved my Brachypelma boehmei adult female into it. She hasn't ate which could be pre molt maybe. But she has only been in there 2 days but I noticed this morning she has a dime size patch of hair missing. She has hardly ever ficked hairs at me. I did notice this morning there was a live cricket on top of her hide. I thought I had removed them all. That much hair lose concerns me. Should I move her back out of the 10 gallon tank
Sometimes they kick it off into their webbing or around their cave as a deterent. My boehmei has done the same thing :)
Once it molts it will have fresh hair ready to kick off

x_raphael_xx

2744C93A-AC44-4E19-9DDD-32CE40954812.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

The danger with tong feeding is the T running up the tongs. Or trying to bite the hard metal and hurting their fangs.
I use tongs, but try and drop prey as close as I can, rather than 'hand' it to the T

Latest posts