• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for tarantula taxidermists!

jasperboooo

I'm a beginner to the tarantula hobby and on the 27th my first and only tarantula (pink-toe) was found dead :(
I really want to have him pinned but honestly too antsy to do it on my own and very difficult looking for anyone that taxidermies pets let alone tarantulas
If you guys know anyone or any business in the US that can pin tarantulas please reach out!!!!
Also, any tips on preservation would be heavily appreciated as well
I'm open to wet preservation in 70% rubbing alcohol but only as a last resort if pinning seems like it's not an option :(

Hagraven

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. No words can rightly address the ache of missing a loved pet.

I have some limited experience with taxidermy but that is exclusive to mammals unfortunately. If I can offer anything, I would suggest (if you haven't already) to seal up in a bag or container and freeze your spider. This way, you can take your time to find the taxidermist (or other comparable solution) that works for you. This method works really well for vertebrates and I'm assuming it would do fine for invertebrates.

Also (again I apologize, I'm speaking only from a point of working on vertebrates) if you do decide to wet preserve, make sure to puncture the specimen with something like a needle in a few places to better allow the liquid to saturate the specimen, taking care of course to be gentle so as not to cause visible damage.

All the best & good luck

Latest posts