• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for Grammostola Pulchra or Rosea

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Found one yet? I have a pulchra that is about 2.75”. Don’t want to get rid of it but I’ve been having to downsize a bit lately.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
My adult female Grammastola iheringi in her new dress yesterday. :) I am currently breeding her with a mature male from Chris McCracken. :) Awesome breeding project.

Casey, I have a G. inhering and she doesn't have any hint of the stripes on the knees. I looked them up and none of the pics I find have the knee strips either. Educate me? Is this a specific locality or something?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Casey, I have a G. inhering and she doesn't have any hint of the stripes on the knees. I looked them up and none of the pics I find have the knee strips either. Educate me? Is this a specific locality or something?

That's just because her exoskeleton hasn't hardened up yet in that pic. You can't see the leg striping now. You know when a tarantulas appendages appear white in color after a fresh molt and then darken later on? That's what is happening in that pic of her. :) This photo was taken almost immediately after she flipped over. It took almost a week for the white color to disappear (or for her exoskeleton to harden)....

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
That's just because her exoskeleton hasn't hardened up yet in that pic. You can't see the leg striping now. You know when a tarantulas appendages appear white in color after a fresh molt and then darken later on? That's what is happening in that pic of her. :) This photo was taken almost immediately after she flipped over. It took almost a week for the white color to disappear (or for her exoskeleton to harden)....
Wow. Thank you. I had no idea that would happen. I'll look for that when mine molts again. Mine has molted twice, but I just left her alone behind her cork bark. Now I'll be trying to sneak a peak!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow. Thank you. I had no idea that would happen. I'll look for that when mine molts again. Mine has molted twice, but I just left her alone behind her cork bark. Now I'll be trying to sneak a peak!

Its awesome. I think their exoskeleton is entirely white when they molt....much like a scorpion or something....even crickets (when they molt) are white. I think with tarantulas, we can't see their entire white exoskeleton due to their setae but if it were completely shaved or they didn't have it, i feel they would look much like crickets do post molt. :)

Disclaimer:

(PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHAVE YOUR SPIDERS. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS IMPLYING. I KNOW SOME OF YOU MIGHT THINK THAT WOULD BE COOL BUT I WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE THE ADVERSE EFFECTS OF YOU TRYING TO PUT A BLADE NEAR YOUR PRECIOUS T.)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Its awesome. I think their exoskeleton is entirely white when they molt....much like a scorpion or something....even crickets (when they molt) are white. I think with tarantulas, we can't see their entire white exoskeleton due to their setae but if it were completely shaved or they didn't have it, i feel they would look much like crickets do post molt. :)

Disclaimer:

(PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHAVE YOUR SPIDERS. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS IMPLYING. I KNOW SOME OF YOU MIGHT THINK THAT WOULD BE COOL BUT I WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE THE ADVERSE EFFECTS OF YOU TRYING TO PUT A BLADE NEAR YOUR PRECIOUS T.)

There’s no turning back now. You know someone is going to attempt it.