• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Looking for avicularia versicolor

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The name has been updated to C versicolor in the scientific literature. Most vendors are following that lead. I hope this helps you find one more easily.

I've purchased from Jamie's before, excellent service!! She sold me a beautiful P Striata and the feeders and the enclosure--total package. Here's the link.

https://jamiestarantulas.com/avicularia-versicolor-martinique-pinktoe-1-2-3-4/

The other thing with these is that the caresheets are outdated and dead wrong about humidity. Just keep a full water dish available at all times and you're good to go. Do NOT mist the sides of the enclosure or use wet substrate. They're arboreal so there's no need to moisten substrate at all. Room humidity is fine. Check the water dish twice a day.

Versicolor was my very first tarantula. Now, she's thriving but I've still not managed to get a sex yet.

Last edited:

wujek006

3 Year Member
The name has been updated to C versicolor in the scientific literature. Most vendors are following that lead. I hope this helps you find one more easily.

I've purchased from Jamie's before, excellent service!! She sold me a beautiful P Striata and the feeders and the enclosure--total package. Here's the link.

https://jamiestarantulas.com/avicularia-versicolor-martinique-pinktoe-1-2-3-4/

The other thing with these is that the caresheets are outdated and dead wrong about humidity. Just keep a full water dish available at all times and you're good to go. Do NOT mist the sides of the enclosure or use wet substrate. They're arboreal so there's no need to moisten substrate at all. Room humidity is fine. Check the water dish twice a day.

Versicolor was my very first tarantula. Now, she's thriving but I've still not managed to get a sex yet.

Thank you brother ! I appreciate that !

Latest posts