• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Linothele megatheloides

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know it's not a Tarantula, being a funnel web. I also seem to think it's not a true spider either, but, but being a funnel web, a primitive spider. But this seemed the best place to put this.

I (we) have just been given Linothele megatheloides, colombian funnel web spider called Satan. I have found a little out about it. Moist-ish substrate. big webber, nothing known about bite. Google has shown they have been for sale in the UK reasonably recently. But beyond that, does anything know anything about these? General consensus seems to be easy to keep.

My Linothele megatheloides seems fairly chilled, it has been in the boot of the car in a cardboard box for about 45 minutes & remained out on show, then I removed a Morioworm from it's enclosure & it walked for cover! So it's not too skittish.

A beautiful looking spider, I'll get a photo, when it recovers from me upsetting it. :oops::oops:

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Tom moran just made a podcast about Linothele species.
Also Basin79 on YouTube has Linothele fallax that regularly shows in its content so maybe reach out to him for information

Regards Konstantin

Forgot to post link to Basin79. lol

Also Linothele megatheloides is now Linothele sericata so maybe try looking info on that name too

Article in regards of the name change below.

@Enn49 sorry about multitude of posts will you be able to merge them for me. please
Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi
Tom moran just made a podcast about Linothele species.

Also Linothele megatheloides is now Linothele sericata so maybe try looking info on that name too

Article in regards of the name change below.

Thanks, I'll check out the name change.

Latest posts