• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lights for plants.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Colour indicates frequency. Blue is a higher frequency & thus shorter wavelength than red.

If you look at light & sound as a number, then they are only different due to frequency. Which is megahertz, or wavelength in meters. Sound is in the hertz & sub 30 kilohertz spectrum & has a very very long wavelength Then there are radio waves. And up in the Terrahertz there is light. The higher the frequency the shorter the wavelength.

Schumann resonance, the frequency of the earth, is 7.83 hertz & it's wavelength is the circumference of the earth at the Equator. And normally human hearing starts at 20 hertz. To give you an idea of sounds wavelengths. And light has a wavelength measured in nanometres, which are 1000th of a millimeter. Red is around 0.0007 of a millimetre & blue around 0.00048 of a millimetre in wavelegth.

All travel at 300,000 meters per second in free space. But are attenuated depending upon frequency & the medium they are travelling through in different ways. For example water offers sound less attenuation, than air. Thus sound travels faster in water than in air.

A rain drop, even water particles within mist can attenuate higher frequencies due to their very short wavelengths.

We see only some of the spectrum of light & only hear some of the sound spectrum. The eyes & ears of animal & insects will react to light & sound different to us.

View attachment 56572
Way deeper than I have ever gotten. I tried to replicate color and on time as what would be natural in a South American locale. My plants are thriving and most of my spiders are out regularly

Latest posts