• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L parahybana "Phobia" molt

Marija

3 Year Member
I couldn't be happier today to see that my first T, my biggest, my queen molted for the first time at my home.
When I got her she was all grey with some pink which was weird to me, and I even doubted that it's a parahybana.
IMG_5705.JPG

But the colors now are stunning!
IMG_5702.JPG

I can't wait to see how much bigger she will be :)
She was little over 6 inches.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my what small hands you have ;)

I love the pink on them, it's how they got the name "Salmon Pink Bird Eater" Which is kinda stupidly redundant, salmon is pink... o_O I've never seen the color "salmon" as blue or green :p

Mine is maybe 4 inches now, waiting for him/her to molt so i can see if it's a him or her.

Marija

3 Year Member
my what small hands you have ;)

I love the pink on them, it's how they got the name "Salmon Pink Bird Eater" Which is kinda stupidly redundant, salmon is pink... o_O I've never seen the color "salmon" as blue or green :p

Mine is maybe 4 inches now, waiting for him/her to molt so i can see if it's a him or her.
Small? Well, thank you :D
I'm surprised by the color change she had, from almost all grey to black hehe. Love the pink on them too :)
Hoping for yours to be a girl! Fingers crossed

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Small? Well, thank you :D
I'm surprised by the color change she had, from almost all grey to black hehe. Love the pink on them too :)
Hoping for yours to be a girl! Fingers crossed
It's a grumpy dark grey jsut starting to show the pink right now. i'm guessing another 3 weeks or so til molt.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Cool, and coincidently one of my L. para's has just molted too.. gone from a browny grey colour to quite a dark black. I don't think it will be long before my other one molts too, as they have always been close together in the past. :D
In fact, it's pretty much new home time judging by how much bigger it's got! :eek:

Marija

3 Year Member
Cool, and coincidently one of my L. para's has just molted too.. gone from a browny grey colour to quite a dark black. I don't think it will be long before my other one molts too, as they have always been close together in the past. :D
In fact, it's pretty much new home time judging by how much bigger it's got! :eek:
I love the change in colour! Congrats on the molt btw :)
My girl was doing some T yoga today so I was able to measure her! Almost 8 inches now :eek:
IMG_5767.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts