• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping crickets

alutna rat

3 Year Member
I'm new to this and have a question. I've learned that keeping T's also requires keeping crickets. I've found a ton of info on the T's, but nothing on keeping their food alive and healthy. Since I live about 40 miles from a pet store, I can't just run to the store to pick up a few crickets and need so keep a supply on hand. How do you maintain your T's food supply? Any info would be really appreciated.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
I keep mine in quite a large critter keeper and feed them fruit lettuce cat food meat and plenty of water it also has tubes that they hide in

Tyronne

3 Year Member
Breed roaches. Healthier for T's and don't smell. Roaches also live much longer :) Dubia's are the most popular. Turkistans are nice too since they cant climb. I personally bought 100 pallid and lobster mix. Much more info on Youtube.