• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got my slings

timc

3 Year Member
I usually wait a day after unboxing to let them settle, but some people just toss in a prey item right away. What did you get? I know fear not does complete packages with feeders included, which is pretty cool.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
I waited 4-7 days. I don’t know what I’m doing though, just followed the instructions from the breeder.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There really is no right or wrong answer. If you are feeding with something that is pre killed, then it will do them no harm & you should be feeding them twice a week, so they will not have long to wait for something they will eat, no matter what you choose to do.

Personally, any new T's that I get, get fed with the others. So if it's a sling, with their schedule & if it's a juvi or adult with that schedule.

nickjsims

I usually wait a day after unboxing to let them settle, but some people just toss in a prey item right away. What did you get? I know fear not does complete packages with feeders included, which is pretty cool.
I cant remember the scientific names but I got a gooty, salmon pink birdeater and a pumpkin patch

Latest posts