• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just for laughs.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just a place to share anything cute and or funny, image, story, etc. ^.^

saw this one today, gave me a chuckle ^^
12cxeDU.jpg

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you google snip snap doggo you'll get scorpions and crabs, it's hilarious. Gotta say though, most things don't bug me but scorpions still unnerve me.
I received about 20 scorpions a couple of weeks ago and while unpacking and housing them I was thinking about calming it was to get back to scorpions after unpacking tarantula slings.

SpellKaster4

I received about 20 scorpions a couple of weeks ago and while unpacking and housing them I was thinking about calming it was to get back to scorpions after unpacking tarantula slings.
I have zero experience with them. I think they are extremely cool but there's something about a creature that's a combination of a spider, lobster, and has a poison knife on a whip tail. Are they usually pretty docile?

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have zero experience with them. I think they are extremely cool but there's something about a creature that's a combination of a spider, lobster, and has a poison knife on a whip tail. Are they usually pretty docile?
For the most part they are. When you see them on TV they've usually been dug up and harassed and are lashing out at anything, dealing with them in a home setting is totally different, they are usually pretty easy to guide to where you want them to go and aren't looking for a confrontation, if waving their claws doesn't work to make you go away they will try to leave. All the stabbing savagely with their tail stuff is usually for the camera, they're riled up and not allowed to escape, I've never seen that from my scorpions at all.

SpellKaster4

For the most part they are. When you see them on TV they've usually been dug up and harassed and are lashing out at anything, dealing with them in a home setting is totally different, they are usually pretty easy to guide to where you want them to go and aren't looking for a confrontation, if waving their claws doesn't work to make you go away they will try to leave. All the stabbing savagely with their tail stuff is usually for the camera, they're riled up and not allowed to escape, I've never seen that from my scorpions at all.
I kinda assumed that's how it would be. It seems like most inverts don't want a fight, they just want to chill.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I kinda assumed that's how it would be. It seems like most inverts don't want a fight, they just want to chill.
The only time my local scorps sting is when you accidentally start crushing them because you don't know they're there. If I find them in the house I guide them onto my hand and put them outside. My captive scorps are chill too. I don't think I've ever seen an aggressive one.

Latest posts