• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a pic I wanted to share.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My male 3 1/2 inch juvie boehmei. Anytime I start looking at Brachypelma, my mind always returns to this species. I love this guy, I got him as a quarter inch sling 3 years ago or so. He has always been out constantly, even as a sling. I like him so much I'm going to buy him a mature female soon. This is the only Brachy I find more stunning then the albiceps and emilia.

IMG_20151218_080547.jpg

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
Yeah there one my favorite Brachy's.and even the females look sharp at adult hood .this is my big girl with fresh skin several months back

Attachments

• IMAG1021.jpg
    IMAG1021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah there one my favorite Brachy's.and even the females look sharp at adult hood .this is my big girl with fresh skin several months back
Wow I've never seen red on the carapace..is that just right after a molt, or does the red stay? My little one has never shown anything but the old ivory color on his carapace.

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
That pic was right after a molt , She does hold the red color for good while .she molted back on 2-13-15. She stays that brillant red for a good while it does fade over time .really don't know why she likes to go bald butt but,just a thing with most brachy gals lol

Attachments

• 1219150657.jpg
    1219150657.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I never owned one, but I've always liked B. boehmei more than any other Brachypelma as well, except maybe B. auratum.
It's one of my favorite also. Except for the month plus molt lol. My next Brachy will be a Smithi or auratum I can't decide between the 2

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol either he grabbed a bunch of substrate with his food or he's doing major construction.:)
He was digging a trench at the front of his tub for some strange reason, as he never uses it. He's a little character anyway: Super greedy, went from "hide and seek champion" to Mr "Look at me!", every time I want to clean his water dish, because he likes to fill it with substrate (it won't hold water then) it's a struggle between him grabbing his dish or the tongs, and for such a small creature he's got some strength, lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He was digging a trench at the front of his tub for some strange reason, as he never uses it. He's a little character anyway: Super greedy, went from "hide and seek champion" to Mr "Look at me!", every time I want to clean his water dish, because he likes to fill it with substrate (it won't hold water then) it's a struggle between him grabbing his dish or the tongs, and for such a small creature he's got some strength, lol.
The brachy with the most character, in my opinion. Lol. Mine will flick hairs and act like he's going to climb the tongs, but he's all bluff, he's a baby.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The brachy with the most character, in my opinion. Lol. Mine will flick hairs and act like he's going to climb the tongs, but he's all bluff, he's a baby.
Mine has not flicked at me yet (only my GBB has so far, but it's too small to affect me) nor thrown a threat posture, just grabs everything near him with his front legs. He's a bit too fat, too, IMHO,so he's not getting fed until he molts.