• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It can happen to the best of us.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sitting quietly this morning My Son says "is there supposed to be a T on the back of that vivarium?"
All my juvies and small adult Ts are in acrylic tubs which I keep in a stack of wooden vivariums to keep them safe from my cats and there on the back I can see legs behind a container. On closer inspection one of the container lids is slightly askew so the escapee is easily identified as my Grammostola rosea, Ember.
Cats had to be fastened out of the room before recapture of Ember. To my surprise having moved other Ts out of the vivarium to make space to get to her, she didn't react when I placed a catch cup over her making capture and return to her container a simple task.
I always said Ember was a mischief, in her smaller container she'd empty her water bowl as soon as it was filled and roll it round on its side.

Containers in the stack of vivariums
DSCF4969.JPG

Ember back in her container
DSCF4966 (2).JPG

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bet she was excited to explore her surroundings! Glad you found her in time! :)

Latest posts