• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this something I need to be worried about

T_spidey

Hi Experts,

This is a pic of the abdomen of my Brachypelma Albopilosum adult female. She has not been eating for more than a week now and I noticed this weird spot on her abdomen. I do not know what it is.

She is gentle as usual and has no problems walking or climbing my hand and sitting on my palm.

Please help.

Attachments

• 1659168455.png
    1659168455.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 34

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She looks as though she's in premoult. The bald patch is where she's kicked hairs and the pinkish skin will darken as she nears her moult.

T_spidey

Thanks Enn! She has never kicked hairs at me though. She's so nice. I was just worried about her. Will wait and see how she molts.

Thabks again @Enn49

Regards,
SC

bbbs53

3 Year Member
It is definitely going to molt. If it has quit eating, hold the food until at least a week after it is finished. Be alive on the water however and if you can, elevate the humidity a bit in the enclosure. When you find it flat on it's back, don't panic, it is a bit startling the first time through but that is the way they go. Mine has molted twice in the last 14 months and it is a wonder to behold. They are pretty lethargic for a day or so after but perk up fairly quickly. Enjoy watching something most people don't ever get to see, another of the many benefits of owning one of these creatures.

T_spidey

It is definitely going to molt. If it has quit eating, hold the food until at least a week after it is finished. Be alive on the water however and if you can, elevate the humidity a bit in the enclosure. When you find it flat on it's back, don't panic, it is a bit startling the first time through but that is the way they go. Mine has molted twice in the last 14 months and it is a wonder to behold. They are pretty lethargic for a day or so after but perk up fairly quickly. Enjoy watching something most people don't ever get to see, another of the many benefits of owning one of these creatures.

Thanks a lot @bbbs53
She has stopped eating and has not eaten almost 10 days now. I still put in crickets or small roaches every week and let them be there till they die. I fill up the water all the time. If it happens when I am there at home then I am going to capture it in time lapse.

Latest posts