• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cavity

Hey guys, I just got a new pink toe a couple days ago. I just noticed the T to be curling up one leg like a death curl but no other legs do this. When I lift the lid the T goes back into a normal stance. Is it just chilling like that or should I be worried? It hasn’t eaten yet but im guessing its cause it hasn't settled in yet, theres also water available at all times. The T also seems to be very active.

The T in the picture isn’t curling his leg im just showing what leg he does it with in case that means anything.

Also I named it okami╰(*´︶`*)╯♡
6B6F0CEC-4A28-4B86-93EF-803A641355EC.jpeg

Nunua

3 Year Member
This is my female P. tigrinawesseli sling doing some spider yoga. Perfectly healthy girl who eats and molts well. So I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Also, if the leg is problem for your T, it'll drop it off and grow a new one.

55ced89ec4.png

Last edited:

Stat

3 Year Member
My sling just molted with this leg attached:
Not concerned as I know he/she will drop it and he/she is more than active and currently munching a pin head.
Enclosure is most probably to big but I have loaded it with moss at the bottom on top of 2inches of substrate and a lump of cork bark to climb. And he/she has made web tunnels through out the moss already.

Attachments

• 20200129_124919.jpg
    20200129_124919.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 20
E

ExMember

Looks like it already dropped the leg before last molt.

Personally I wouldn't add the moss. It just traps humidity which is what you don't want. Just a little bone dry substrate and a water dish. Cross ventilation is mandatory as stuffy conditions kill avics pdq.

From what I know avics like a cork tube going to the top and some foliage clustered around the top for webbing anchor points.

Congrats on the pink toe!

Latest posts