• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a Molt Mat?

scrible

3 Year Member
Is this a molt mat? I have never had a T. that has webbed before. (My P. scrofa doesn't all.) The research I have done has indicated the G. porteri don't web too much. This one in the last 24 hours has webbed a thick matting over the bottom of it's enclosure. It is also quite fat and is starting to shed its hairs in the middle of the top of its abdomen. Am I crazy to think that my new G. porteri could be close to a molt?

Molt Mat.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My G. Rosea webbed up all her substrate as soon as I put her in her tank, but she's nowhere near a molt. She's more or less laid out a network so she knows as soon as any prey touches the ground.

NYX

3 Year Member
My G. Rosea webs her enclosure. They make feeding mats as well so they can feel there food walking around. When she made a molting mat it looked a lot different more thick and noticeable.

Latest posts