• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a bolus?

goldenpumpkin

I've never found any of my tarantula's boluses before, then today I found this. It is very lightweight but sturdy and has little holes it in with what looks like brown inside, and I've never seen anything like it before in his enclosure. I searched up on this forum as well as google images and did not find anything that matches this. Is it a bolus or no? This is the best quality pic I can get btw. If it is a bolus I am going to celebrate because that means he's finally eaten something...fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_150018_382_2.jpg
    IMG_20220101_150018_382_2.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 21

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@goldenpumpkin depending on what you are using as feeders you may not ever see one. Soft shelled feeders maybe totally consumed. While harder shelled feeders leave a largerer amount not eaten.
Poecilotheria are notorious for dropping cricket boluses in water dishes, which quickly get fetted, however when feeding red runners, I find no bolus, just like clown said

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
My G. pulchripes has occasionally dropped one in the water dish, but I do change what I feed her so that may be why not all the time.

20211016_192658.jpg