• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my T going to die?

Jordan Bean

3 Year Member
So a couple of days ago (I would say four days ago) my baby girl started hiding in her burrow all day and night. She's usually really active, so it worried me. I noticed there was a little bit on white fluid on the walls of her enclosure - she's been hurt, and was "bleeding" at one point. She popped out today so I got a look at her wound - it's not leaking anything anymore, and she's moving around fine. Does this mean she's healing? Or should I be worried?

She's my first tarantula. From what I've read, she should be fine, but I wanted to make sure.

Jordan Bean

3 Year Member
She's in her burrow. I can't get a photo unless I move the hide. I removed what hurt her - it was a little statue. I didn't realize it had pointy bits on it. I think she tried climbing it or fell on it. I can give you a photo of the hemolymph on the walls, and an older photo that shows the enclosure... I just don't want to disturb her.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    866.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    900.4 KB · Views: 30

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Things close to the outer edge that r hard are a good thing to try to avoid. since a large spider falling off the side or something is bad enough let alone onto something. All u can do is remove what u think did it and learn from it. hope shes ok.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It sounds to me like poop. Arboreals are very good at doing it on the sides of their containers but I suppose any T that climbs a bit will do it too. I see yours is a Curly and in my experience they like to sit up the sides of their container so I would say she got the call of nature.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I honestly don't see anything about that enclosure that's dangerous..not much vertical space to fall and do any harm...and unless that little statue is really sharp somewhere, it should be fine as well..Like Enn said, that looks like poop on the side of the enclosure, but if you say she has a wound I believe you. I can't tell what species it is, but if it is a curly hair, or any dry species, the plastic blocking the ventilation is doing more harm than good, and high humidity will cause the spider to climb the walls restlessly. Hope this helps.

Zeirath

3 Year Member
It could be poop, I've noticed my T's like to poop on the side of their containers, took me a little bit to work out what it was =p

Jordan Bean

3 Year Member
Update: Mali has made a full "recovery" - though I think now that she wasn't hurt at all. She may be in premoult, which is why she isn't eating/coming out of her burrow. Thanks again to everyone who responded :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's good news :). I love the name by the way, my Royal Python is called Mali too

Latest posts