• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is more substrate needed in here?

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Hi,

The other day I moved Bellatrix (Sericopelma angustum female adult) to a new enclosure as I felt she was getting a bit big for the previous one. This one has more length however it also has a bit more height unfortunately. She likes to hang out on the plastic sides as in the picture. I don't want to stop her exploring if she likes to do that, but seeing as she is terrestrial I am worried about her falling. Should I put more substrate in?

Attachments

• DSC07026 - Copy.JPG
    DSC07026 - Copy.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 22

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It looks OK to be honest - you can add some more sub if it makes you feel better about it though as by the sound of it you are worried - sometimes too much sub can be better than too little :)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have seen my large terrestrials, 6+ inches, climb 2-3 DLS worth up the cage and fall. As long as they have cushy substrate, and say not a rock to land on, they will be fine. I have a P. cancerides that falls all the time...and darn if she doesn't climb up and do it again!