• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it a Male ??

Reb67

Hi, my Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula , "Nova" molted a couple days ago...it's the best Molt I have gotten..

Can someone Please help me,
I think it's a Male..

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_171835779.jpg
    IMG_20230912_171835779.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230912_171820386.jpg
    IMG_20230912_171820386.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 16

Heretic

is that a flap? can you slide a piece of paper behind it? I dont know what your species looks like but I do see something here. The Horse shoe structure above the book lungs. can you slide something behind it?

Reb67

is that a flap? can you slide a piece of paper behind it? I dont know what your species looks like but I do see something here. The Horse shoe structure above the book lungs. can you slide something behind it?
I will try to get paper behind it, it's fairly dry now,
Will post later tonight

Heretic

you can also look for tibial hooks on the two from legs at the first joint. You will not be able to see the Emboli on the pedipalps unless they are filled with sperm.

Reb67

I tried to put something in-between ..to dry, when I wet it down paper stuck to it.. so not having very much luck
I'm including other pics before I wet it down.. not sure if it will help

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_170915358.jpg
    IMG_20230920_170915358.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230920_170900214.jpg
    IMG_20230920_170900214.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 13

Heretic

Just to be clear because my last post was clear as mud...
Check each Molt for a Flap, a flap = Female. No flap "could" equal male, but without Tibial hooks and Emboli, the question isnt answered.

Tibial hooks and Emboli = Male
Spermathecae (flap or pocket) = Female

Reb67

Check each Molt for a Flap, a flap = Female. No flap "could" equal male, but without Tibial hooks and Emboli, the question isnt answered.

Ok, Thanks, I had a Green Bottle Blue that was Female, she had flap, I understand what your saying, will check next molts as well.. Thanks for your help

x_raphael_xx

Just to be pedantic :D ...
Tibial hooks = Matured male.

Not all species get hooks

Latest posts