• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is A. geniculata female because of knee markings?

arachbiodude

I watched pairing video Dave's beasties and the female had two marks on the white on knees.

Attachments

• outgrow2.jpg
    outgrow2.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi, I think what you are seeing is the beauty of the Mature Male. He has those lines too, they are just very thin and hard to see...especially in this video.

However, you may be on to something. I mean, how are you going to feel when your pretty geniculata turns out to be female?

Personally, I would like to get 5-7 of these slings and watch them grow and see if there are any significant differences. I've only owned 2 of these, that was a very long time ago and long before I started observing T's in detail. Such a lovely tarantula I guess thats why its number 2 on my want list.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The markings could change after a male matures so prior to him maturing, he could've had the same two stripes on the knees. :)

Latest posts