• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introduction

PereSs

3 Year Member
Look at her she's starting too show herself :D well for now everything is ok, hopefully it will last like this :p thank you guys! I will be updating from time to time, and if i have some questions i wont hesitate too ask! :D

Attachments

• 20180117_000216.jpg
    20180117_000216.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180117_000158.jpg
    20180117_000158.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hello guys,

How's everybody doin?

Well for now everything is ok, just wondering she's stuck on that heat waver... and not getting out of her burrow... is it okay too leave the heat waver on 24h/24h? I gave her a hopper today too and she took it so that great that she's hungry :p and humidity is mostly gone :D so normaly she needs too be ok :)

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hi,

Can someone tell me what that white stuff is?? That hide isnt even real wood... so normaly its shouldnt mold... plus i dont know if she did this on purpose or not but at the back of her burrow she made a hole..

Thanks for replying!

Attachments

• 20180122_045807.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hello,

Is it possible? If i look at the but of my T it looks like its getting darker and shiny? Is she getting in pre-molt? Isn't it too early?? Can someone maybe tell me whats the difference in time from one molt too another??

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20180122_235354.jpg
    20180122_235354.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A dark and shiny butt is usually a sure sign of a moult. The time between moults can vary depending on size of the T, feeding, temperature and humidity and can vary between a few weeks and months.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Old crappy picture of a 2" in a transfer enclosure ...the hairs may fall out except the urticaing hairs in the back. Don't be alarmed...it normal. She never kicked her hairs...thats why she still has a patch.
20180122_174446.jpg

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hello eveyone,

Can someone please tell me what that brown spot is on the back of my T?? Is this normal? You can even see it with the eye you can't miss it... so i'm a little worried... maybe she is about to molt?? Because its 6days she is going without food while i gave her 2days ago and still didnt took it...

Attachments

• 20180203_142537.jpg
    20180203_142537.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello eveyone,

Can someone please tell me what that brown spot is on the back of my T?? Is this normal? You can even see it with the eye you can't miss it... so i'm a little worried... maybe she is about to molt?? Because its 6days she is going without food while i gave her 2days ago and still didnt took it...

It's quite normal. It's where your T has kicked hair which could be a sign of a moult or it could just be from it kicking hairs as defence.

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hey thanks for the reply!

I dont know by kicking hairs.. its bein a while i didnt saw her kicking hairs last time i handled her for the first time she didnt... she only will kick hairs while being disturbd right? But if she would be in premolt how long does it takes till she will be molted?

Latest posts