• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'M NOT A SPIDER

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
CALMMV4uGG.jpg

My newest addition. I got him today. His name is "Mac N Cheese". He is an exotic shorthair.... and Tobi HATES him, lol....oh well....she's just gonna have to get used to him. He is 10 weeks old. For those of you that haven't seen my Tobi, here she is in the pic below. She will be 3 years old in August. Tobi is also an exotic shorthair.

20200626_195550.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm grinning from ear to ear.
Your Mac n Cheese looks like a MUCH cuter version of a grumpy cat. Tobi is like," hold ME mommie."
So you're into exotics when it comes to cats too?

Lol, yes. He was pretty pricey but worth every penny. :) My cats and a few of my spiders are actually registered therapy animals. :)

Woah, No way! :)
I thought that I was the only one that had done that with exotics like Ts.
That is great!
Before therapy animals were a term known to West Virginia, I took exotics to the hospitals and nursing homes, etc. mostly for children, rehab and long term care of elderly/ special needs. Then people started bringing dogs in.
I am 100% with you on that!
:)
There's lots of reasons that people like cats and Ts. You have chosen one of the highest purposes. Looking at your kitties, they must bring tears to the eyes of those in need.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Woah, No way! :)
I thought that I was the only one that had done that with exotics like Ts.
That is great!
Before therapy animals were a term known to West Virginia, I took exotics to the hospitals and nursing homes, etc. mostly for children, rehab and long term care of elderly/ special needs. Then people started bringing dogs in.
I am 100% with you on that!
:)
There's lots of reasons that people like cats and Ts. You have chosen one of the highest purposes. Looking at your kitties, they must bring tears to the eyes of those in need.

Yes but mine are actually licensed for personal therapy. I didn't think about taking my T's or cats to other people/kids for therapy but thats a great idea. There are so many people that love animals and get some type of comfort from them. I have taken my tarantulas to schools to educate children, though. A tarantula of mine was actually part of a class project for my niece. I took it to school and gave them tons of information on spiders and how they benefit our environment. They were very inquisitive. A couple were afraid but I think after the "show and tell" part of the assignment, they weren't as afraid and were actually curious! She got an A+ for her science project (environmental setup- with a live animal!) Can't beat that! Lol. I would love to take my animals to children's hospitals. They'd love my cats and I would have the opportunity to teach them about tarantulas. :)

"Yes but mine are actually licensed for personal therapy. "

I can see them now with their first client and their notepad asking,
"Meow, meow, Please tell me about your childhood.......meow."

They would No Doubt get better results than Dr. Freud doing psychoanalysis. No doubt.
I would send referrals to you and your team long before the local mental health hospital.

Sounds like your niece has a fun aunt.
I would've loved that at her age.
Are there pics posted here?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
.... I mean of the science project?
How was it set up?

No pics. Didn't think to take any at that time. It was more of a last minute thing. She couldn't think of how she wanted to do it so I put it together for her. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aww. Mac n Cheese is adorable. I’ve always had Persians. I used to breed/show them. I really want an ESH. I do have an Exotic Longhair tho. Persians and ESH/ELH have the best personalities!! Here’s my ESH, Remi. View attachment 47902

Omg a mush face!!!! LOOOOOVVVVEEE IT! I used to breed chinchilla silvers but stopped. Not to be blunt but they had a real shifty disposition and stayed hidden all the time. My ESH's have the BEST personalities EVER. They are like lap dogs, too! They love affection. :) They love kids and they are hypoallergenic! When I breed them and if you would like to purchase a kitten, I am willing to ship (professional company that has been shipping animals for years- they care about the animals well being as if they were their own). Other than that, I only have tarantulas for now but they are quite satisfying, as well. :)

New2T’s

3 Year Member
Omg a mush face!!!! LOOOOOVVVVEEE IT! I used to breed chinchilla silvers but stopped. Not to be blunt but they had a real shifty disposition and stayed hidden all the time. My ESH's have the BEST personalities EVER. They are like lap dogs, too! They love affection. :) They love kids and they are hypoallergenic! When I breed them and if you would like to purchase a kitten, I am willing to ship (professional company that has been shipping animals for years- they care about the animals well being as if they were their own). Other than that, I only have tarantulas for now but they are quite satisfying, as well. :)
My very first Persian was a Chinchilla. I was 8 years old. I would love to have a kitten.
Yes, they are a lot like dogs. Persians/Exotics always be my favorite breeds of cat

Latest posts