• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm in trouble.....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
.......I wasn't supposed to be getting more Ts but Thanks to @ilovebrachys I seem to have acquired 11 more so I've been busy rehousing them and finding names.

Phormingochilus. sp ackaya,, Raya
DSCF6183 (2).JPG

Nhandu chromatus, Cerrado. So tiny
DSCF6184 (2).JPG

Monocentropus balfouri, Halah
DSCF6186 (2).JPG

Ornithoctonu aureotibialis, Kymer
DSCF6187 (2).JPG

Pterinochilus murinus Usambara mountain variant, Ziga
DSCF6188 (2).JPG

Pterinochilus murinus RCF, Kitivo
DSCF6189 (2).JPG

Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaraguan, Miskitos
DSCF6193 (2).JPG

Neothelothele incei gold, Aripo
DSCF6195 (2).JPG

And 3 that didn't hang around for photo shoot
Phormingochilus sp. Rufus, Java
Phlogiellus sp. con dao, Con Dao
Euthycaelus colonica, Lara

Last edited:

meridannight

@meridannight
Ths was my Pseudhapalopus sp. Blue when I first got it 4 years agoView attachment 69059

And now
View attachment 69060

Be warned they are slowwww growers.

Here's mine about a week ago:

IMG_20221123_003738 copy.jpg
IMG_20221123_003259.jpg

Fat ass. He looks like he's gonna molt in the near future. Quite a bold little thing too. Doesn't mind it one bit when I switch out his water dish or drop in some prey. Just stays out in the open watching me do it.

I don't mind slow growers. I know this is a dwarf species, so it's not gonna get that big anyway.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here's mine about a week ago:

View attachment 69159View attachment 69160

Fat ass. He looks like he's gonna molt in the near future. Quite a bold little thing too. Doesn't mind it one bit when I switch out his water dish or drop in some prey. Just stays out in the open watching me do it.

I don't mind slow growers. I know this is a dwarf species, so it's not gonna get that big anyway.

They are bold, mine regularly tried escaping when I opened its container. It has also been known to stick a leg out through the air holes as if waving.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
They are bold, mine regularly tried escaping when I opened its container. It has also been known to stick a leg out through the air holes as if waving.
So bold but polite and friendly. Do you ever wave back?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I did get a freebie OBT and bought a Rear horn Baboon.
(C. Darlingi)

Received another freebie Rear horn from the Great Casey K !

Also purchased a straight horn baboon. ( C Marshalli)

P.S. im the only person who hates the latin names.
Yeah, but the scientific names are necessary as there can be lots of confusion. I think that there is a species or species of Peruvian tarantulas that have been called Blue, Blue 2, Large, Small. But even science has messed up on some species.

I personally like the scientific names although there are some that are hard for me to say.

SullivanC

I did get a freebie OBT and bought a Rear horn Baboon.
(C. Darlingi)

Received another freebie Rear horn from the Great Casey K !

Also purchased a straight horn baboon. ( C Marshalli)

P.S. im the only person who hates the latin names.
Those are beautiful species :) How big are they? :)

Yeah, but the scientific names are necessary as there can be lots of confusion. I think that there is a species or species of Peruvian tarantulas that have been called Blue, Blue 2, Large, Small. But even science has messed up on some species.

I personally like the scientific names although there are some that are hard for me to say.

True, however no one uses scientific names for OBTs or GBBs.

Matter of fact, no one uses them for other animals ; dogs , cats, birds, Elephants, Lions, tropical fish.

Latest posts