• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm baffled.

Jeef

3 Year Member
I'm just throwing this out there for entertainment purposes. I'm really not looking for answers.

I understand that tarantulas do what they are gonna do. If they want to bulldose, they will bulldose. If they want to fill the water dish with substrate, nothing is going to stop them.

My Aphonopelma peloncillo has me utterly stumped. Why would they climb up the back of the enclosure and stick substrate to the ceiling? That takes enough effort that it has to be deliberate. Weirdo!

Attachments

• IMG_20241016_194622169_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20241016_194622169_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 323

siege

Tarantula Club Member
I'm just throwing this out there for entertainment purposes. I'm really not looking for answers.

I understand that tarantulas do what they are gonna do. If they want to bulldose, they will bulldose. If they want to fill the water dish with substrate, nothing is going to stop them.

My Aphonopelma peloncillo has me utterly stumped. Why would they climb up the back of the enclosure and stick substrate to the ceiling? That takes enough effort that it has to be deliberate. Weirdo!
Lol!!

Jeef

3 Year Member
You just wanted us all to know that you have an Aphonopelma peloncillo. Didn't you?

Lucky you.
Not bragging. Just wanted to establish that it was a new world terrestrial sticking dirt to the ceiling. I might expect it out of one of the arboreals. It wasn't even a matter of burrowing and the moved substrate reached the top of the enclosure.

Are A. peloncillos rare in the hobby? I grabbed it at an expo a while ago. I asked the vendor what do you have in Aphonopelmas and that was the first thing he picked up. I didn't give it much thought past "Ooh! I don't have one of those!"

Latest posts