• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

If you're mentally healthy, watch this.

Tnoob

So you're saying evolution couldn't possibly be part of a devine plan? I don't believe everything in the Bible is true. It was written by man, and man is flawed. But if you get out in the world and experience life, good and bad, there comes a time, or times, when you will seriously doubt, even completely deny, that all of this was chance. Accident. Whatever. If you're a Christian, there will be even more times when you question your own faith. But those times, those beautiful moments when you feel the presence of God, those events are unquestionable. Science will never touch that. It will never explain it, and all the athiests in the world won't convince Christians otherwise. Random explosions of stars...pffft.
Actually, science can explain this in very simple terms, my dude. Those "accidents" or "miracles" are easily quantifiable by way of basic physics. It's not as random as you might think. If there's a possibility, then the universe will allow it. Plain an simple. The only reason any of us think that's a miracle is because of cognitive dissonance. As for God. We don't have a way to properly define him by terms, so there is literally no way to quantify him. It could just be that he's the space between the multiverse, or some type of mega-consciousness that has to create life in order to experience it's own creation?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Actually, science can explain this in very simple terms, my dude. Those "accidents" or "miracles" are easily quantifiable by way of basic physics. It's not as random as you might think. If there's a possibility, then the universe will allow it. Plain an simple. The only reason any of us think that's a miracle is because of cognitive dissonance. As for God. We don't have a way to properly define him by terms, so there is literally no way to quantify him. It could just be that he's the space between the multiverse, or some type of mega-consciousness that has to create life in order to experience it's own creation?

"People with a higher need for consistency and certainty in their lives usually feel the effects of cognitive dissonance more than those who have a lesser need for such consistency."

If that's true, wouldn't scientists have cognitive dissonance more than, say, a person who takes it entirely on "blind" faith that there is a God who created their world? Don't scientists NEED order, and stability? A rational explanation for everything? No wonder they can't quantify him; they can't see him, touch him, etc. Do you think maybe cognitive dissonance is getting in the way? Maybe that's why even geniuses only use..what is it, 13%? ..of their brains? I've spent years of my life thriving on chaos and disorder. Nobody forced faith on me, I came by it naturally, and it has made my life infinitely better. From about the time I was ten or so, up til I was 25-26, I was an atheist myself. Mostly out of pain and rage. And I wasn't speaking of miracles when I mentioned God's presence. Its just not something I can explain. I'll leave it there. Im not trying to convince anyone. But there are many things in life that can't be explained through science. Which we should all be happy about. What a boring world it would be, if science could explain everything. And, one last jab : They don't call it the big bang "theory" for nothin..

Tnoob

The theory of the big bang comes from observable evidence that is culpable in our current knowledge of our universe. Scientists don't need to explain everything, but that's not a goal that shouldn't be aspired to. Not being able to observe something doesn't mean it's not there. That's why I proposed that our definition of what God is is flawed. Not the actual attempt to study it's influence. I think most people with a background in science will tell you that it's actually most important to seek balance in in, not to stick to one side of the chaos order dichotomy. You don't have to be able to explain something you have experienced for it to be true. Life is beautiful in a lot of ways. We should strive to do our best in life by taking whatever knowledge can be gained from the existence we have in this life. I choose to live mine under the assumption that there is something in some form that is an existential benefit to my existence. How you choose to define it is your prerogative. I doubt I can come up with a proper definition myself, so I'm going to discount yours. I've seen some things that shouldn't have happened, and I just think that life is amazing.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Why humans can attain altered states of consciousness in the first place is a mystery.

My girlfriend (who sadly passed away in her sleep 4-15-19) was deeply involved in witchcraft. Out of respect for her beliefs and others I won't name the exact variety.

She did some things that I can't really explain & the herbal stuff she had really worked, especially on a back injury that should've by all rights put me in the hospital.

Yes, candles could apparently light themselves, floating coins etc happened and a few other things occurred. I'm not prone to panic just because something occurs that came be dispatched with an AK-47.

That's not necessarily supernatural, just unexplained & Jen wasn't telling!!

Still, the weirdest wild thing I've ever heard about is quantum mechanics, makes witchcraft and miracles look like watching grass grow.

Here's the real secret of all this blind faith stuff. It's 100% ok to say publicly *I don't know." without invoking aliens, demons or God.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Why humans can attain altered states of consciousness in the first place is a mystery.

My girlfriend (who sadly passed away in her sleep 4-15-19) was deeply involved in witchcraft. Out of respect for her beliefs and others I won't name the exact variety.

She did some things that I can't really explain & the herbal stuff she had really worked, especially on a back injury that should've by all rights put me in the hospital.

Yes, candles could apparently light themselves, floating coins etc happened and a few other things occurred. I'm not prone to panic just because something occurs that came be dispatched with an AK-47.

That's not necessarily supernatural, just unexplained & Jen wasn't telling!!

Still, the weirdest wild thing I've ever heard about is quantum mechanics, makes witchcraft and miracles look like watching grass grow.

Here's the real secret of all this blind faith stuff. It's 100% ok to say publicly *I don't know." without invoking aliens, demons or God.

:( My condolences for your loss, Mass. :'(

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I might not be single for much longer. Hope she doesn't turn into a crazy who tries to eat me after sex.

Just do the tap and run method....coax her (be sweet)...or make her believe you are....and run like hell. Make sure you leave the lid...errr...uhhh....door open prior to "engaging" for a quick escape!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Most call that a "quickie" but if you like her and you guys continue on with a stable relationship, that's what we call a "repeat offender".....your ass needs some life insurance!!!

Tnoob

Most call that a "quickie" but if you like her and you guys continue on with a stable relationship, that's what we call a "repeat offender".....your ass needs some life insurance!!!
I have life insurance in case I die. Nice little something for my daughter just in case.