• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Identification

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Anyone want to guess the species that has not seen my previous posts?

Attachments

• Ceratogyrus.jpg
    Ceratogyrus.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Was hoping for more of a response but anyway. :)
It's actually a hybrid of darlingi x brachycephalus. Had the picture posted on a few facebook forums and had suggestions of darlingi and marshalli with people suggesting that I breed it. Scary how easily this could have been bred to other species if I was a new hobbyist taking people's advice.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well luckily these aren't allowed to be kept locally or bred,I know of you and another being allowed to keep them. If someone has bred these,even out of a mistake I still can't see how they even were keeping let alone breeding them. I would study a specimen before just jumping head long breeding it,I have done it with a few of my own. Sending countless photos looking at data etc,even then its not always enough since reclassification and other things come into play. Like I said,I am not good with these and this was a good read and I still say it is a beautiful specimen.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Still happens 99% of the time. :(
I can't say that,no data for it. Will I say it happens,looking at your example of course and avics hysterocrates chilobrachys etc. Then some people go to extremes making sure about what they have,and that is where the difference is.
Example
Let's say it was legal in South Africa,I got say those two baboons that were used for the hybrid shown above I would if not sure ask you to look at both.

There are guys in each field,that will be able to help and if not just don't breed them. If one is arrogant,and one doesn't ask that is the problem in my opinion 99% of this hobbies problems are caused by arrogance.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I can't say that,no data for it. Will I say it happens,looking at your example of course and avics hysterocrates chilobrachys etc. Then some people go to extremes making sure about what they have,and that is where the difference is.
Example
Let's say it was legal in South Africa,I got say those two baboons that were used for the hybrid shown above I would if not sure ask you to look at both.

There are guys in each field,that will be able to help and if not just don't breed them. If one is arrogant,and one doesn't ask that is the problem in my opinion 99% of this hobbies problems are caused by arrogance.

I know you didn't say that, I did.
It unfortunately happens daily in the hobby unless you are extremely naive.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know you didn't say that, I did.
It unfortunately happens daily in the hobby unless you are extremely naive.
Looking at the amount of people buying them,breeding them high possibility. Luckily a lot of genera that can't be easily bred incorrectly,that would have to be actually purposely done. As above,there are many avenues one could take to avoid this last resort don't breed the specimen.

That is why one has to put in the time and effort,if not that person won't be seen for long in this hobby. English saying, here today gone tomorrow.

Latest posts