• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i got my versi and im LOVING HER

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
So, my versi came in the mail yesterday, and she was so lively! (thanks steven stamps!) so lively in fact, that she got out of her cage and tried to enter my gbb's enclosure! i patched up the hole and put her back. i fed her, which i know you arent supposed to do so soon, but because she seemed really happy i fed her anyways. she attacked it(shes about an inch so i gave her a juvenile cricket) but then she brought it to her web platform ( yes, she ALREADY has one) and now shes webbing it up. is she saving it for later?
-Jacob

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have seen T's save food for later after wrapping it up. In your case, since it is a new T in a new enclosure, I would remove it. But you are probably okay either way. After 48 hours, I would definitely remove it.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sure. However, she has webbed herself up in a huge cocoon in the corner of the enclosure. She has been in there for weeks. I took a quick peak this last weekend and she took offense to it :eek:. As soon as she is out I will post a pic. In the meantime, here is a photo to show you the general idea. They are gorgeous. They are a combination terrestrial/arboreal species and have a pretty high venom level. Most unique T I own.

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-18_7-21-23.png
    upload_2014-7-18_7-21-23.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts