• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I got 2 unlabeled T's .can anyone identify them?

kapotas

Hello fellow Tarantula keepers! I got 2 unlabeled T's Because there was a confusion with all the arriving T's in the pet shop, and those got wrong labels(opening too many enclosures to feed and the they confused the tags on the top of the deli cups), so i got them because nobody would take them, and the price was good.
Can you help me out identify them?
both are juvies.

The first one is this:
IMG_20190309_124109.jpg
H. Lanticeps maybe? or A.chalcodes ?

Second one is this:
IMG_20190309_131114.jpg

IMG_20190309_124547.jpg
IMG_20190309_131029.jpg

L. Nigerrimum? But watching its abdomen it could be a tiger. No idea.I depend on your experience!

I'm new to the hobby... so.. yeah! any help will be welcomed!

Last edited:

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
1. Hysterocrates sp.

Keep deep moistened (not wet) substrate and temps 21-26c. They will make cool intertwining burrows.

2. Ornithoctoninae sp.

This could be Lampropelma, but it also could be many other things. For now I wouldnt give a confident ID. Either way keep on moist substrate with plenty room to burrow. As it grows give it some vertical space with a cork slab. So that it can climb aswell as burrow.

kapotas

1. Hysterocrates sp.

Keep deep moistened (not wet) substrate and temps 21-26c. They will make cool intertwining burrows.

2. Ornithoctoninae sp.

This could be Lampropelma, but it also could be many other things. For now I wouldnt give a confident ID. Either way keep on moist substrate with plenty room to burrow. As it grows give it some vertical space with a cork slab. So that it can climb aswell as burrow.

Thank you so much for your input. it helped a lot. because the first one is indeed doing some intertwined tunnels

and the second one behaves like an arboreal, but lately has used the substrate i gave it for burrow!

Latest posts