• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I am not sure if my LP is alive

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
I don't know what to think of this. My LP has been in premolt for a couple weeks. I came in tonight to find her on her back but not moving at all. Is that normal or did I lose her? Do they just lay on their back? I don't want to disturb her but I am worried. The pic isn't real good but you can see her.
image.jpeg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't touch and don't shine a light on her! She is molting and it could take several hours. Watch if you like but be prepared for a wait!
They are very delicate and vulnerable so best thing is don't move the enclosure and just watch quietly. Some are quicker then others but most of them take a good while to get it done.
No food after and don't put any prey items in there. Crickets mealworms etc can injure and possibly kill a molting T.
When her fangs turn black again then she'll be ready to eat.
Watched my LP this last time for a couple hours and barely saw a leg twitch. Once it got going though it went faster.
Congrats on the molt ;)

Last edited:

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
Thanks Kymura:). I did all the wrong things already except I haven't put any food in the enclosure but I will leave her alone and let her do her thing.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Couldn't see the entire KK in that photo but make sure she has a clean full water dish,
She made any progress?

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
Thanks Kymura:). I did all the wrong things already except I haven't put any food in the enclosure but I will leave her alone and let her do her thing.

That got hung up in neverland I guess. I posted last night but just showed up.:confused:

Well it looks like everything is ok this morning. I saw the shed but didn't see the T. She is hidden away now. Will post a pic when I get one :)

Latest posts