• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US I am looking for the most Aggressive/Defensive species. I will buy right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly

Your implying it, not me. Did I still answer your question, yes.

Im not implying it smart guy...

YOU PROVED IT!... Everyone can see your very FIRST RESPONSE TO ME. YOu said you didnt call me a troll.

You clearly did and anyone can see this.....!. now go away. Your not needed.

Silly

Im afraid not, I’m also in the UK so post isn’t possible.

I don’t have one for sale, I’m also in the UK so post wouldn’t be possible but I do think you need to reconsider your decision there’s a reason everyone here is getting angry with you and that’s because it isn’t a good idea. Gain your experience by owning other new world species, you’ll be surprised at the speed and food responses of some and what an experience to have! Money and maintenance isn’t necessarily a problem when owning an old world, it’s the sheer speed and venom potency that come with them, they have potential to hospitalise you and leave you months/years in discomfort.

Thank you for the warning. Again i dont see what kind of experience i will need i terms of keeping new worlds first before moving on to old worlds. I am confident that i can keep old worlds.

I will keep looking for Minax! Thank you for describing the exact T that i want! :D

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Im not implying it smart guy...

YOU PROVED IT!... Everyone can see your very FIRST RESPONSE TO ME. YOu said you didnt call me a troll.

You clearly did and anyone can see this.....!. now go away. Your not needed.

Yeah he got the measure of you straight away. Read you like a book.
Thank you for the warning. Again i dont see what kind of experience i will need i terms of keeping new worlds first before moving on to old worlds. I am confident that i can keep old worlds.

I will keep looking for Minax! Thank you for describing the exact T that i want! :D

Get an adult vonworthi instead. They're better. You won't regret your decision. One of us will gladly have it from you if it all goes to ****

Silly

Yeah he got the measure of you straight away. Read you like a book.

Get an adult vonworthi instead. They're better. You won't regret your decision. One of us will gladly have it from you if it all goes to ****

Ok jess.

First i ask stupid questions, now you jump on the bandwagon with the rest... haha... learn to have a ****in independent mind and stop being a sheep...

Why would i goto ****!? Why are you assumimg that? Oh ywa i know, because everyone is assuming that i will fail if i start with an old school. So youll just follow the crowd.... nice 1....

Just becuase you started the way you did, and thats what "the crowd" is suggesting, does that mean that i have to folllow also!? I like old school, mean ts...

Am i wrong for this?? I did my homework and i provide my pet with whatever it needs. Same as you guys..... Hahahaha... you sheep are funny

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I watched many rehousings of old school T's and i know i can do it also, even being a NEWBIE!

***What am i doing wrong or what can you do in terms of keeping AGGRESSIVE/DEFENSIVE Tarantulas, that i CANNOT?!????????????????????????! Please stay on subject and answer me...***

I think most of the anger that’s coming across is because you are a self proclaimed “newbie”, but you aren’t really taking the advice that a beginner should listen to.

Most rehousing will go smoothly, the difference between an experienced keeper and a newbie is how to react when things don’t go as planned. You need to have several different sized catch cups or minnow nets to stop the t if it bolts. You need to practice rehousing near the ground so when a defensive t slaps, or a hungry t runs up the tongs because of a feeding response, it doesn’t fall and rupture it’s abdomen. Slings are kept relatively the same with enough slightly moist substrate so that they don’t desiccate. However, adults can vary wildly. You need to know each species and how much moisture they need or they will eventually die.

To compare it to monkeys, imagine keeping possibly hundreds of species of monkeys with many different temperaments. Some live in trees while others are ground dwellers. They range from a 3” dwarf species being like a marmoset to a 9” Poecilotheria being like a silverback gorilla. Not everyone is capable of keeping a silverback gorilla and likewise not all hobbyists have the skill level to keep some Old Worlds.

Its not a dig at you personally, it’s just something that you as a beginner haven’t had to experience yet this early in the hobby. Keep doing your research and planning ahead and you will be fine with whatever ts you buy!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm the last person to condemn anyone for wanting a OW T when still a newbie, I started with an OBT followed by a Poecilotheria and survived both but I knew what I was letting myself in for and already had may years experience of temperamental and fast snakes.
As I see it your attitude is what is annoying people on here, calm down listen to the good advice given by expert keepers on here, think about what they say to you and you'll do fine.

Silly

I think most of the anger that’s coming across is because you are a self proclaimed “newbie”, but you aren’t really taking the advice that a beginner should listen to.

Most rehousing will go smoothly, the difference between an experienced keeper and a newbie is how to react when things don’t go as planned. You need to have several different sized catch cups or minnow nets to stop the t if it bolts. You need to practice rehousing near the ground so when a defensive t slaps, or a hungry t runs up the tongs because of a feeding response, it doesn’t fall and rupture it’s abdomen. Slings are kept relatively the same with enough slightly moist substrate so that they don’t desiccate. However, adults can vary wildly. You need to know each species and how much moisture they need or they will eventually die.

To compare it to monkeys, imagine keeping possibly hundreds of species of monkeys with many different temperaments. Some live in trees while others are ground dwellers. They range from a 3” dwarf species being like a marmoset to a 9” Poecilotheria being like a silverback gorilla. Not everyone is capable of keeping a silverback gorilla and likewise not all hobbyists have the skill level to keep some Old Worlds.

Its not a dig at you personally, it’s just something that you as a beginner haven’t had to experience yet this early in the hobby. Keep doing your research and planning ahead and you will be fine with whatever ts you buy!

Your the man FishermanSteve!....

Your explanation was better than all those clowns put together!.... Clear and professional@.... THANK YOU!

I will take your advise about rehousing and be extra careful when im doing it..... i will also make sure whatever species i have has the right amt of hydration..

I cant wait to get my minax or h. Mac....... looking for a reliable source...

Ty again.

^____^,;

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Ok jess.

First i ask stupid questions, now you jump on the bandwagon with the rest... haha... learn to have a ****in independent mind and stop being a sheep...

Why would i goto ****!? Why are you assumimg that? Oh ywa i know, because everyone is assuming that i will fail if i start with an old school. So youll just follow the crowd.... nice 1....

Just becuase you started the way you did, and thats what "the crowd" is suggesting, does that mean that i have to folllow also!? I like old school, mean ts...

Am i wrong for this?? I did my homework and i provide my pet with whatever it needs. Same as you guys..... Hahahaha... you sheep are funny

I'm Welsh, you just paid me a huge compliment...I thank you kindly, mwah!! Lmfao

E

ExMember

Silly already has a cobalt blue so what's the harm with a minax?

I was talking to a dude that works expos for the biggest breeder in my country. This was when I was looking for my first tarantula. I said " I have to get a new world first". And he said " Not necessarily... I know people who started with OBT's that did fine. You just gotta know your stuff. If the only spider you want is a P metallica then getting one is better than having a albopilosum that you end up not caring about".

That being said I know a lot of dealers that get asked the same question that @Silly asked initially. They refuse to sell in that case. Bit of advice man: Don't approach a dealer with the attitude you gave people here. They will refuse to sell to you. I have seen it many times.

I hope you get your H mac or Thailand black and safe keeping.

Silly

Silly already has a cobalt blue so what's the harm with a minax?

I was talking to a dude that works expos for the biggest breeder in my country. This was when I was looking for my first tarantula. I said " I have to get a new world first". And he said " Not necessarily... I know people who started with OBT's that did fine. You just gotta know your stuff. If the only spider you want is a P metallica then getting one is better than having a albopilosum that you end up not caring about".

That being said I know a lot of dealers that get asked the same question that @Silly asked initially. They refuse to sell in that case. Bit of advice man: Don't approach a dealer with the attitude you gave people here. They will refuse to sell to you. I have seen it many times.

I hope you get your H mac or Thailand black and safe keeping.

Ty... ill get my h. mac or minax soon enough........ money talks
.. usually.... but like you said... i already have a colbalt blue... who cares!?!? Lol.... im a newbie with an old world....

I never knew there was rules to this ****... hahaha..

Why cant i start.with an old world/harder species!?!?!?!???!!?!?!?

These old heads just wanna sound important.
. Lol... instead making yourselves look like fools.....

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Ty... ill get my h. mac or minax soon enough........ money talks
.. usually.... but like you said... i already have a colbalt blue... who cares!?!? Lol.... im a newbie with an old world....

I never knew there was rules to this ****... hahaha..

Why cant i start.with an old world/harder species!?!?!?!???!!?!?!?

These old heads just wanna sound important.
. Lol... instead making yourselves look like fools.....

Honey, you can start with whatever you want. But when you go on a forum asking for opinions and advice, don't act upset and insulted when we give them. We are all on here because we love tarantulas and we try to help answer questions just like we get help when we need advice.its not the fact that you want to start with old worlds, one of our moderators did and keeps loads of them now. It's the way you phrased it, which set everyone's alarm bells ringing. Like you're just looking for aggression and haven't thought or care about anything else is how it came across

Silly

Honey, you can start with whatever you want. But when you go on a forum asking for opinions and advice, don't act upset and insulted when we give them. We are all on here because we love tarantulas and we try to help answer questions just like we get help when we need advice.its not the fact that you want to start with old worlds, one of our moderators did and keeps loads of them now. It's the way you phrased it, which set everyone's alarm bells ringing. Like you're just looking for aggression and haven't thought or care about anything else is how it came across

Sweet heart, you guys didn't just give advise.. you guys downright tried to put me down and called me a troll for trying to start with old worlds..... .... don't try to aCT all innocent now, you said what you said.......

Again..........., I didn't know I couldnt " phrase it " the way you guys didn't want me to.

I also didn't know there was a stupid question as YOU MENTIONED......

YOU were mean from the start and weren't helpful....so stop trying to sound all nice now cuz you already showed your true colors...
.jess...

I already have all the info I need, so you can just stop......

Good bye...

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
3332A8D3-B95B-4962-970C-EF0BEFD86611.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts