• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to delete media

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just hit the delete button at the bottom of each post or photo. If you want a whole thread deleting, go into the forum where the thread is and you will see a small blue box which says Edit, hit that and you'll get a dropdown box that gives the option to delete thread

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I've noticed that there's no option to delete media or even to preview that you've uploaded the right file. Makes me nervous to upload in case I hit the wrong video and accidentally load one of me gurning at the camera to make my kid laugh and generally acting a fool :D

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Just hit the delete button at the bottom of each post or photo. If you want a whole thread deleting, go into the forum where the thread is and you will see a small blue box which says Edit, hit that and you'll get a dropdown box that gives the option to delete thread
Thanks @Enn49

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 unfortunately it gives a time limit as to when you are allowed to delete media. It only allows you to move the media to a different album after 3 minutes I believe. But thank you for your help my friend! :). @Jess S LOL I hear you on that!! You can hear me and my wife's little background "commentaries" and sometimes we sound like dorks and makes me want to pull it out in edit or I might want to put up a better video as well :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@SikmT7 That's strange as I can still delete a photo I posted yesterday. If you need anything deleting let me know.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
@Enn49 unfortunately it gives a time limit as to when you are allowed to delete media. It only allows you to move the media to a different album after 3 minutes I believe. But thank you for your help my friend! :). @Jess S LOL I hear you on that!! You can hear me and my wife's little background "commentaries" and sometimes we sound like dorks and makes me want to pull it out in edit or I might want to put up a better video as well :D

You're right, I went back and checked and it's videos that you can't preview or delete if you've put up the wrong one. Photos I think are easier.
Trouble I found with videos is you can only see the file name (which I tend not to be familiar with because it's usually a long string of numbers), not even a thumbnail of the video, then the two options are post or delete. You have to post to view, then once it's posted there's no delete option, only as you've mentioned, an option to move to a different folder. I have noticed an option to send for moderation, so maybe you have to request a moderator to delete video?

It's a shame we can't preview what videos we upload before we pull the trigger to post and make public.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You're right, I went back and checked and it's videos that you can't preview or delete if you've put up the wrong one. Photos I think are easier.
Trouble I found with videos is you can only see the file name (which I tend not to be familiar with because it's usually a long string of numbers), not even a thumbnail of the video, then the two options are post or delete. You have to post to view, then once it's posted there's no delete option, only as you've mentioned, an option to move to a different folder. I have noticed an option to send for moderation, so maybe you have to request a moderator to delete video?

It's a shame we can't preview what videos we upload before we pull the trigger to post and make public.
Indeed I agree!