• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to clean cricket pen?

etta

3 Year Member
Hello, I was just wondering how I can clean a cricket keeper when I still have some in there? I've managed to do it once, but it was not at all efficient. Just wondering how you guys do it? Thanks. :)

Fleas

3 Year Member
I have a Roche colonel and I have two containers I just moved them to the empty one most go with the egg crate but have to get the rest by hand and I just wash the container with soap and water and have it dry over night.

etta

3 Year Member
I have a Roche colonel and I have two containers I just moved them to the empty one most go with the egg crate but have to get the rest by hand and I just wash the container with soap and water and have it dry over night.
Oh, okay. Thanks! That was helpful.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use a large bin that I picked up at Target. Once I get new crickets, I empty the remaining ones into the bin and place the cricket container. Empty the new ones into it (less 3 or 4 leapers of course!) and then dump the bin back into the enclosure. Took me awhile to master it but really comes in handy. Once the enclosure is empty, of course you can clean away.

Latest posts