• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How ridiculous am I...

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nono, six new in total 10, the 6th isnt shipped as yet.. Most of them slings, 5 are .25 of an inch so all together they 'might' make one small T ;P

Ah i'm confusing myself then, i thought you did the post about the 5 new with a bonus 6th :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh damn, you're absolutely right, should have said the 7th hasn't shipped yet :oops:

Been up for two days with some health problems and its catching up to me :confused:
Had three shots though so should be better soon
The seventh is the one from Doc Miller here in the For Sale ^*^

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh damn, you're absolutely right, should have said the 7th hasn't shipped yet :oops:

Been up for two days with some health problems and its catching up to me :confused:
Had three shots though so should be better soon
The seventh is the one from Doc Miller here in the For Sale ^*^
Oh cool! I was looking at his p. cambridgei but i don't think i'm ready for those yet :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nono, six new in total 10, the 6th isnt shipped as yet.. Most of them slings, 5 are .25 of an inch so all together they 'might' make one small T ;P
Your reasoning sounds very much like my 2yo's about the candies he's eaten since morning.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lmao. She's got a point though. we need to have 8 or 10 slings to make up a full T so that means i need 2 or 4 more right? ;)
It's as good an excuse as any :p
Your reasoning sounds very much like my 2yo's about the candies he's eaten since morning.
im old! I claim second childhood and perhaps early onset senility :p

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I just sat here with a hunk of corkbark,
carving out tiny mini hides to put over the new sling burrow starts ...
when they probably won't use them anyway...
.and they probably wont even be here till tuesday or wednesday.....
79s5oxH.jpg

WeJKwVj.jpg
That's not weird...that's love. We love our T's. If I'm sitting watching tv, I think of something I can do for my T's, and make stuff they could use. It's how I started making my water bowls....boredom and time, lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's not weird...that's love. We love our T's. If I'm sitting watching tv, I think of something I can do for my T's, and make stuff they could use. It's how I started making my water bowls....boredom and time, lol
I do love them, the simple the common and the beautiful, I get hours of enjoyment just watching them be spiders, digging when they hunt, grooming or burrowing. I'm always careful and enjoy them even when they get pissy or generally have a bad attitude, It's unique to each spider and provides me much needed relaxation time :)

DewDrop

3 Year Member
The hobby can be a little cluttered with a hint of sheer frugality, personally if I enable the hobby based on frugality and what cute little cheap perfect plastic things I can keep them in I will have too many too fast. I couldn't just look at a plastic container with a pet rock in it and be satisfied, so, I won't keep a T in something I wouldn't want to look at even without it in it. I just set these boundaries and limitations for my collection based on functional aesthetics and assume people understand. Perhaps I am a bit nutty, myself. Does anyone even remember the pet rock?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I'm not going to house 1/4 inch slings in an aesthetically pleasing enclosure. Their well being at this point in their lives is far more important then my being pleased by the decorative aspect. In fairness, they are living creatures, not decorations. Some will take that beautiful enclosure and cover it with webbing and/or dirt curtains, that's not going to make me want them less, I personally am all about 'their' needs before my own.
As adults, then I will create an enclosure that first suits them, then satisfies me as far as appearance. Till then, its 100% about whats best for them ^^

DewDrop

3 Year Member
No one said you had to. No one said that deli cups were the ideal for anyone other than breeders. This forum is good, however, I have had my fill. I have used it for it's intended purpose. I see that over all people tend to use the enclosures they can buy in pet stores and the ideal set ups for breeders are the cheap and easy, well organized and clean which allow the price benefits to extend to the consumer. I came here to look around and see exactly what was available to learn and find breeders to compare and contrast husbandry methods to see if there was a method that was preferable. What I notice here is that there is a fine line between hoarding spiders and keeping tarantulas. I notice a lot of argument and snide rancor on this forum. I really do not have time for it. It is kind of ridiculous how rude people can be behind a forum but in all actuality they really are some of the sweetest people around. Saving face and walking on eggshells is just ridiculous. If you must insinuate to get a rise or to acquire your jollies perhaps you ought to reiterate your purpose behind the demeanor. Mental maturity is something that doesn't have to be scarce, however when the bottle of alcohol opens you'd be surprised at the personality changes in people, I tire of drunks and certainly do not have to put up with their discord on forums. DO take care.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm lost. where did being drunk on the forum come in the discussion about what we house our slings in.

I'm with @Kymura I'll use whatever is least expensive and fits the T's until they mature, then i'll go blow a couple hundred on an enclosure for them that meets their needs and looks nice.

So is there a T hoarding therapy thread i can look into? Or is 7 not considered hoarding yet? :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm lost. where did being drunk on the forum come in the discussion about what we house our slings in.

I'm with @Kymura I'll use whatever is least expensive and fits the T's until they mature, then i'll go blow a couple hundred on an enclosure for them that meets their needs and looks nice.

So is there a T hoarding therapy thread i can look into? Or is 7 not considered hoarding yet? :)
We probably need to start one, drinks and deli containers welcome.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That spiraled to a duh quite fast! What's up guys? Has the festive holidays got to the head? LOL. @DewDrop, kidding aside, keeping slings in high end enclosures for me is impractical as they outgrow them sooner or later. It is not just for breeders.

However, I myself am readying enclosures for my Ts when they will be adults and have plans as to how to display them better come the time. My dozen will definitely have a shelf of their own.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That spiraled to a duh quite fast! What's up guys? Has the festive holidays got to the head? LOL. @DewDrop, kidding aside, keeping slings in high end enclosures for me is impractical as they outgrow them sooner or later. It is not just for breeders.

However, I myself am readying enclosures for my Ts when they will be adults and have plans as to how to display them better come the time. My dozen will definitely have a shelf of their own.
Mine as well, as they near the size when I can put them into their permanent homes I want them both unique and tailored to the individual T, When they are larger I'm going to buy a china hutch at the flea market and redo it into a T enclosure ;D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine as well, as they near the size when I can put them into their permanent homes I want them both unique and tailored to the individual T, When they are larger I'm going to buy a china hutch at the flea market and redo it into a T enclosure ;D
That's a great idea! I know which ones i want for my Ts when they get closer to full size but that's a few years away yet. Plus i'm looking at buying a house this summer so if that happens i may have to redo the whole setup i want :)

Latest posts