• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often you receive freebies

Have you received freebies when buying new T's online?

• YES, I live in U.S.

• NO, I live in U.S.

• YES, I live in Europe

• NO, I live in Europe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heering80

I was just wondering how often people receive freebies when ordering new T's from somewhere online. It has happened to me only once, but I must say that I liked it.

I thought it might be more usual in the U.S. than in Europe, and thus made a stupid poll to study the phenomena. I limit my study only to involve online transactions, so that freebies given by friends or acquetances didn't count

Oh, and my purchases happen in Europe, and the spiderling I got was a Davus pentaloris (the size of a rice grain).

I don't want to make this an advertisement, so I'll keep the name of the shop to myself. If someone replies to this thread something, please don't name any shops as it would degrade the credibility of this study

Salatia

I've selected 'No'. Technically I've received a 'freebie' once, but it was when the last of a species I'd purchased was missing a leg - they called me and said I could be refunded, or I could choose to take it and they'd 'throw in' a sling either way for the trouble. Given the T in question I opted to take it, and got an extra A.purpurea alongside, which was fine by me. The T in question has had a successful moult, so half regrowth, though when they arrived I also noticed they were missing a palp as well (which I did inform the store about). I was concerned for a couple of weeks, as it seemed to be struggling and more stressed than others I've had, but it has definitely settled and is now eating well.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've had many freebies. One European seller gave options according to the size of your order. Sadly we in the UK can no longer order from any EU sellers.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Why can't you, or do you just mean without taxes and tolls?

Since the UK left the EU there is too much paperwork to make it worth their while to export them to the UK. It's a shame as there are some great breeders in Europe.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh yes, I have received several freebies in the past. In recent years not as often.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
I think I have received freebies with at least 90% of my orders due to not saying that I did not want them. The biggest freebie being a T. apophysis

ryanm7277

I have received freebies and have also not received freebies. Had choice and haven’t had a choice. Also asked for a particular sling when making a big purchase.

exo.kappa

I got some freebies in my first orders, buying to one of the breeders in the North of UK :) I got a Lasiodora parahybana, Neoholotele incei classic and another Lasiodora parahybana

ta122

I've gotten freebies and given them. In my experience, the more you order, the more likely you are to get something extra and also the higher value.

Latest posts