• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do I feed my tarantula??

turgle

I want to feed my tarantula because I think she’s hungry, given that she keeps coming out and looking for prey or is sitting near the entrance of her hide. Whenever I open the lid she gets spooked and runs back inside when I try and feed her. I am a new tarantula owner and I have an Arizona blonde. I dropped a cricket in there and closed the lid and now I’m watching to see if anything happens. Any advice or tips?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How long have you had the T? How often has it been fed? Size of the T? Pictures of the T and enclosure could help identify any issues. Also does its abdomen look full? It may not be hungry.

Finally, do you know it is a female?

rawr2d2

If my T comes out of the burrow or even peaks out, it means they're hungry and hunting. If I leave a wiggly mealworm right outside the burrow entrance, my T will grab it. They don't have to be out and grabbing right away to eat. With another T, I put the food on their web and let them find it. Remove after 24hrs if they don't find it or they just don't want it.

Latest posts