• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

housing multiple ts

spidey noob

3 Year Member
hi all :D
I would like to start getting a few more Ts, (11 to be exact;))
but i live in the NE of england & its cold so heating is a must for any i get, Ts will be in my bed room so heating whole rooms out.
now i first looked at getting rack/shelvs but may work out to expensive for thermostats & heat mats for each one, so i started to wonder abought getting a cuboard with acrilic doors & 6 x shelvs so i could just heat the whole thing in one go, would save me loads of £££, but im unshure if the one cubord for all Ts ok or not ? all imput is more than welcome :) (all Ts will be desert spices with similar requirments to b,smithi)

spidey noob

3 Year Member
hi all,
this is what im thinking, basicaly a wardrobe with acrilic back & doors with plenty of ventatation, but now im no shure on the best way to heat it
so im wondering with one of the list below u would personaly go four ;
1. ceramic bulb (in the bottom)
2. heat mats (eatch tank or 1 big one )
3. space heater ( in the bottom)
4. another way ?

im going to draw up some plans will post the pics once done :)

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I'd probably go for either a space heater or you could run heat tape attached to a thermostat along the back. Flexawatt is a popular brand over here not sure what's available in england

spidey noob

3 Year Member
i had a look in to the heat tape seems like its more of a us product & not avalible in the uk, so i would have to order from us to get it.
did find something similar in the uk, heat mat but it meshures 48" by 6" so i will go with that.

Latest posts