• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Housing Adult Taps

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I pretty much keep all of my arboreals similar, the only ones that I keep slightly different really are Avics. I keep tappys pretty much the same I would keep species like Poecilotheria, Psalmopoeus, Lampropelma, etc. I personally just like to give them a bit more space If possible, just because of their teleportation abilities lol. H.maculata and S.calceatum were the two fastest species I had ever kept... that is until I acquired my first T.gigas lol. Tappys can be kept more moist than Avics, but they don't require as much moisture/humidity as Lampropelmas do. They are pretty tough spiders. Not overly defensive, but do your very best not to spook them if you can.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
I pretty much keep all of my arboreals similar, the only ones that I keep slightly different really are Avics. I keep tappys pretty much the same I would keep species like Poecilotheria, Psalmopoeus, Lampropelma, etc. I personally just like to give them a bit more spaces If possible, just because of their teleportation abilities lol. H.maculata and S.calceatum were the two fastest species I had ever kept... that is until I acquired my first T.gigas lol.

What is your preferred method for housing arboreals Chubbs? What containers do you use?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What is your preferred method for housing arboreals Chubbs? What containers do you use?
For slings I use tall 18 oz deli cups, juveniles 1 Gal mainstays containers, for adults 4.5-6.5 inches I use plastic storage containers usually equal to about 5+ gallons and for species that fall into the 7-9+inch range I will usually go slightly bigger. Jamie's tarantulas has great custom made enclosures for a decent price that are designed for both arboreal and terrestrial species. They're worth investing in if you prefer something a bit more visually appealing. I can upload some pics of my set-ups if you'd like.

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
For slings I use tall 18 oz deli cups, juveniles 1 Gal mainstays containers, for adults 4.5-6.5 inches I use plastic storage containers usually equal to about 5+ gallons and for species that fall into the 7-9+inch range I will usually go slightly bigger. Jamie's tarantulas has great custom made enclosures for a decent price that are designed for both arboreal and terrestrial species. They're worth investing in if you prefer something a bit more visually appealing. I can upload some pics of my set-ups if you'd like.

If you could post a picture of the adult enclosures that would be great! I have one of the jamiesenclosures, they're nice but I just don't want to spend that much at the moment. Thank you Chubbs!

Latest posts