• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hot glue question

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry.... forgot some of you guys get distracted.
20210318_150059.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D:D:D:D:D

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I’ll admit, I never read the book but thoroughly enjoyed the shows and movie.
"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have... [to] avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you)..."

ArachnoLady

I use hot glue all the time. I put spiders in the enclosures as soon as it cools. The only worry I have is the long strans of glue left behind. Not that they will but I don't want my spiders ingesting them. Many spiders will eat their own webbing and I don't want it mixed up in with it.
How fast did you place your Tarantula back in? Mine is a sling. The waterbowl from above got knocked down so now I just Hot glued the waterbowl back in and placed him in a small vial that I received him in for a short while. I dont want to stress him out by leaving him in there for too long. I was wondering how fast did you wait for it to cool? As soon as it does? Or 30 mins an hour etc

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P
I was wondering how fast did you wait for it to cool? As soon as it does? Or 30 mins an hour etc

Personally, I give about 10 to 15 minutes, just sufficient time for the glue to cool & the smell to dissipate.

Latest posts