• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hooked out GBB

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@ilovebrachys a great option. If anyone could be successful she can.. My female who tapped her love for a reluctant male for 5 days, gave up waiting for him and ate him.

I have heard GBBs are either incredibly boring or she immediately pounces.

Good luck!
Power feed the female and make sure that you monitor their visitations ready to intercede if she goes from frisky to hungry

Spider King

Had to laugh...."Spider King" needs to talk to his mom. Nearly fell out of my chair.
lol, not entirely sure why it's so funny but it is because the female is my girl but my mom has all my animals right now. I have no room for them atm so she is holding on to them for me and my money isn't doing the best right now so I wouldn't be able to pay for shipping or anything for the boy so yeah, I would have to talk to my mother about it

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In jest, surely good natured, I think he meant that your name "SpiderKing" suggests that you are an independent arachnobeast. Like maybe you have your own tarantula business or are the king of your world. Again, without malice, clownie was amused of the contradiction that occurred when you needed your mother's approval.

I see the humor, and I hope you too can laugh a bit. But,, please know we also treasure our members. Anyway, welcome,friend, to TF. Again, your male buddy will be in good hands with Ilovebrachys.

Cheers,:beer:

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
lol, not entirely sure why it's so funny but it is because the female is my girl but my mom has all my animals right now. I have no room for them atm so she is holding on to them for me and my money isn't doing the best right now so I wouldn't be able to pay for shipping or anything for the boy so yeah, I would have to talk to my mother about it
D709BCCD-349D-4AEC-8E59-98608AE12362.jpeg

Please meet Enzo, the almost 10 years old Tiny Tarantulas Overlord. He is one of the most knowledgeable person I have met about tarantulas (at least for what is available to learn from books and online). He absorbs all information he can find and he is relentless. If he was studying the stock market the way he studies bugs we would be billionaires already. Instead we are getting more and more broke buying Ts, equipment and $95 tarantula books shipped from France (he is bilingual). All this to say, this overlord still lives under our roof and depends financially on his parents, especially his father when it is time to deal with less “friendly” Ts. Your age doesn’t matter, your passion for the hobby and your love for your Ts do. I found the comment about asking your mom hilarious and cute and there is nothing wrong about it. If you are lucky enough to have parents helping you out, regardless of what it is, just be happy about it and cherish the chance to share more time with them. Cheers and have an awesome day.

Spider King

View attachment 55211
Please meet Enzo, the almost 10 years old Tiny Tarantulas Overlord. He is one of the most knowledgeable person I have met about tarantulas (at least for what is available to learn from books and online). He absorbs all information he can find and he is relentless. If he was studying the stock market the way he studies bugs we would be billionaires already. Instead we are getting more and more broke buying Ts, equipment and $95 tarantula books shipped from France (he is bilingual). All this to say, this overlord still lives under our roof and depends financially on his parents, especially his father when it is time to deal with less “friendly” Ts. Your age doesn’t matter, your passion for the hobby and your love for your Ts do. I found the comment about asking your mom hilarious and cute and there is nothing wrong about it. If you are lucky enough to have parents helping you out, regardless of what it is, just be happy about it and cherish the chance to share more time with them. Cheers and have an awesome day.
I apologies if I came off as rude but I was a little offended by the quotations around Spider King.
I do indeed love spiders, they are one of my passions as well as a few other things. As an animal/plant empath I am able to connect with my "children" on a more intimate level and I'm not very good at communicating with people

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I apologies if I came off as rude but I was a little offended by the quotations around Spider King.
I do indeed love spiders, they are one of my passions as well as a few other things. As an animal/plant empath I am able to connect with my "children" on a more intimate level and I'm not very good at communicating with people
We're a jovial group and often will politely poke fun as many internet groups do. I know our local clown was keen to calling out the irony of a self-proclaimed king needing permission from their mom to trade spiders; I mean if he hadn't I would have lol. All in good fun, sir/ma'am.

That being said, as you are a virgo (noted from your profile) you may feel slighted by a playful jab, I assure you no ill will was intended to you, your spiders or your mom.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 55211
Did Enzo open the sac?

Spider King

We're a jovial group and often will politely poke fun as many internet groups do. I know our local clown was keen to calling out the irony of a self-proclaimed king needing permission from their mom to trade spiders; I mean if he hadn't I would have lol. All in good fun, sir/ma'am.

That being said, as you are a virgo (noted from your profile) you may feel slighted by a playful jab, I assure you no ill will was intended to you, your spiders or your mom.
yeah, as a virgo I offend easily to playful jabs I do not understand lol.
(I'm a transgender F to M)
yeah, backyardchickens is similar in a way and I purposefully joined a group that all they did was make fun of each other lol and it was much fu

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You are always welcome here.
Power feed the female and make sure that you monitor their visitations ready to intercede if she goes from frisky to hungry
Thanks Octane. In this case, I initially always supervised. I put them together over 50 times. Each time got longer and I grew bored as "foreplay" never ended. Eventually, he just retreated a a neutral corner in her enclosure. After 3 months of wasted time, I just said "the heck with it" and I put him in as a roommate. She was interested, he wasn't. In his own cage he made sperm webs and packed his pedipalps. In her cage, he ran. Personally, I don't blame her for eating him.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is all good my friend, no harm done here either way :)
Being a French citizen we have a bad track with "kings" :p and it is fair to expect people to tease you when you select a screen name listing you at the top of the food chain ;) but it has nothing to do with you as a person. Be patient with all of us "old farts", we might be strong on the dad's jokes side but we are not too bad and always here to help.
Have a great day my friend.

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
Had to laugh...."Spider King" needs to talk to his mom. Nearly fell out of my chair.

LOL here too...SHAME on you Arachnoclown! Behave! Don't we have "minor" members?

Johnson9200

My GBB has just hooked out on his last moult around 3 weeks ago, how long will he have left now that he has matured?, also would anyone with a female be interested in a swap for mating with a couple of the slings sent to me if successful in return?
I have a FRESH MATURED FEMALW I NEED A MMVERY BAD ID DO THE DEAL PLUS MY FRIEND DOWN A FEW TOWNS HAS HER FEMALE.AS.WELL READY! EMAIL ME [email protected]