• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Holothele longipes

J.huff23

3 Year Member
So this was sold to me as Holothele longipes Its molted a few times and I had to rehouse due to mold. Honestly it doesnt really look like the other slings I've seen. It looks more like a haplopelma or Cyriopagopus species. I know it's impossible to tell a species at this size but what do you all think about possible genus?

It's just over an inch.
20191021_143641.jpg
20191021_143723.jpg

Last edited:

Mark C

So this was sold to me as Holothele longipes Its molted a few times and I had to rehouse due to mold. Honestly it doesnt really look like the other slings I've seen. It looks more like a haplopelma or Cyriopagopus species. I know it's impossible to tell a species at this size but what do you all think about possible genus?

It's just over an inch. View attachment 41546View attachment 41547
Hi
I have H. Longipes and this isn't it. I also have a few cyriopagopus and like you sat I think it's defo an OW sling. It looks very much like Ornithoctonus aureotibialis or Thai gold fringe. It's difficult to tell as they look very similar at that stage. My gold fringe is larger now but looked exactly like that when it was a sling. Mine is particularly nasty

Latest posts