• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hogna

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I found this little Hogna sp. beauty while mowing yesterday. It's body was a little over an inch long and had two gorgeous yellow stripes on its ventral side.
image.jpg

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yay! I love these guys. We have several Hogna species around here. I found one in the drive the other day (and of course I didn't have my phone so I could take pics). I am pretty sure it was a MM on the hunt for a lady as he was doing an interesting tapping dance thing.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
These guys are all over the place right now. This one appeared female, most likely mature, but not quite full grown. Found one a few years ago that had a near two inch body and was loaded with little ones. :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just picked up my first two Hogna sp. They are the coolest spiders I have. Being day hunters, they are one of the few inverts that I have that can be counted on to show off when someone wants to see my spider room during the daylight hours. If you have never seen a Hogna eat, you haven't seen anything yet. Incredible hunters.

Latest posts