• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiya!

Myziry

3 Year Member
Well, hi!

So I am new to the world of T's. My husbands best friend breeds em' and well I got hooked. I'm a proud owner of a Brachypelma Albopilosum (Emry), and a Avicularia Veriscolor (Alex) sling, which I had received both in the last month. I have had the B.Albopilosum for one molt, she is now about 2" and my A.Veriscolor is about half inch. I don't have any good pictures of Alex, still too small to get a good picture through her enclosure.

About me, well, I'm 27 and just learning about T's. I also have dogs, cats, and a ferret.
994465_10154362376835507_294910858751837023_n.jpg
10568924_10154362376870507_6140111685481548501_n.jpg
10568999_10154403586495507_3096011158767314898_n.jpg
10436311_10154403586450507_7349989356360585886_n.jpg

Flud

3 Year Member
Welcome! I'm a noobie too, to T's and the forums. Bought my first G. Pulchripes and I'm head over heels.

Flud

3 Year Member
Thank ya kindly! Same for yours, I'm not familiar with many species, let alone their scientific names.. But that black/dark one is beautiful!

Myziry

3 Year Member
Thanks! Shes (though I am not sure of her sex) is a Honduran curly hair or B. Albipilosum. All four photos are of her. Her coloring depends on what angle you get her at it seems.

MUHrie

3 Year Member
Well, hi!

So I am new to the world of T's. My husbands best friend breeds em' and well I got hooked. I'm a proud owner of a Brachypelma Albopilosum (Emry), and a Avicularia Veriscolor (Alex) sling, which I had received both in the last month. I have had the B.Albopilosum for one molt, she is now about 2" and my A.Veriscolor is about half inch. I don't have any good pictures of Alex, still too small to get a good picture through her enclosure.

About me, well, I'm 27 and just learning about T's. I also have dogs, cats, and a ferret.
View attachment 6235 View attachment 6236 View attachment 6237 View attachment 6238
hi! im a new member as well and TOTALLY hooked on tarantulas!! lol i got mine from a friend as adults. im pretty sure i have a desert blonde, but the other 2 im not so sure. i also have a desert hairy scorpion and 3 cats.

really excited about this forum and i hope to learn a lot.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got the T addiction like the rest of us!

Myziry

3 Year Member
My B.Albopilosum is on her 2nd molt while in my care! She's built a door to her cave and from what I can see she's a littlesmokey in color where the shedding is starting! So excited!

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
im curious about your mesh top comment. i am new to the T world. why would the mesh top not be good?

Some keepers have experieces with their Ts' legs getting caught in between gaps and when this happens, their Ts would tear their leg off to break free. Some have experiences with their Ts losing grip on screen tops and falling hence abdomens bruising or bursting. Other than that screen top enclosures dry up quickly thus losing the much needed moisture. The latter won't matter if you're living in a sub-tropical/tropical country since humidity is usually constant. Just some safety concerns :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good points. I have the bulk of my T's with screen covers and have never had an incident but certainly have heard of others. I prefer the screen cover as it helps avoid mold and fungus much better than the all glass. Pros and Cons to both for sure. But you do have more work to do on managing the humidity levels.

Myziry

3 Year Member
So I deffinately have the T addiction. Im up to 6 now. My A.Veriscolor, My B.Albopilosum. Then I got 1 L.Parahybana, 2 B.Vagans. As well as an adult female A.Flagstaff orange. :D Ahh how my collection grows. Getting better at feeding/misting and no panicking about them LEAPING out and running amuck in my house. :D

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I deffinately have the T addiction. Im up to 6 now. My A.Veriscolor, My B.Albopilosum. Then I got 1 L.Parahybana, 2 B.Vagans. As well as an adult female A.Flagstaff orange. :D Ahh how my collection grows. Getting better at feeding/misting and no panicking about them LEAPING out and running amuck in my house. :D
Impressive. Have you been to a show yet? You may want to avoid that until you get control over the addiction :p. That is the true test of will power if you can walk out without a new T.

Latest posts