• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

Pamala Darsow

3 Year Member
I am a 58 year old mother of four and grandmother of 6 . I live in Ohio and I am a big Buckeye fan .I have always loved reptiles, and owned many over the years from Monical Cobras to Geckos . But for the past 10 years I just had my calico cat, which had to be put down last Tuesday because of kidney failure . I am fascinated with spiders , always have been, especially garden spiders . But know little about them. I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and for the great suggestions . I have a feeling I will be getting several T's this summer .

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi there, 58 year old mother of 4, zero g'kids, :(
I; like you, have always loved and been fascinated with spiders, particularly the garden spiders !
Finally bought a couple slings a few months ago...have thirteen T's now and a few more must haves on my list!
This is a great forum for friendly non judgemental helpful folks!

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome to both the hobby and the forum. It must be something in the air making us older ladies start keeping Ts (I'm 66) ;)

Pamala Darsow

3 Year Member
Been reading everything I can on T's , looking at your pictures and videos here . Getting excited about getting a Green Bottle Blue I think as my first T. How you all pronounce these names are beyond me . So this next week I will be getting a cage set up , buying a Kricket Keeper cage for crickets just getting everything ready . Do you recommend buying online ? If so where ? I live in Ohio, so would I need to be concerned about the outside temp. as far as having one shipped ? Thank you in advanced for putting up with all my questions .

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Hey Pam. I'm so sorry to hear about your puss. I have had one with kidney failure, Horatio, who died at about 13. It is horrible.
I'm pretty new to the forum myself, but had tarantulas for many years, and I am so happy to see some of the members closer to my age. I thought that I would be surrounded by much younger people only.
Here is a link to helping on the pronunciation - http://atshq.org/articles/beechwp1.html

Pamala Darsow

3 Year Member
Hey Pam. I'm so sorry to hear about your puss. I have had one with kidney failure, Horatio, who died at about 13. It is horrible.
I'm pretty new to the forum myself, but had tarantulas for many years, and I am so happy to see some of the members closer to my age. I thought that I would be surrounded by much younger people only.
Here is a link to helping on the pronunciation - http://atshq.org/articles/beechwp1.html
I was surprised too and happy there are several ladies close to my age here . My cat was at least 11 years old , maybe older . She was a rescue and grown when I got her . Broke my heart .Thanks for the link and kindness . Sorry about Horatio, they become family

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
I am a 58 year old mother of four and grandmother of 6 . I live in Ohio and I am a big Buckeye fan .I have always loved reptiles, and owned many over the years from Monical Cobras to Geckos . But for the past 10 years I just had my calico cat, which had to be put down last Tuesday because of kidney failure . I am fascinated with spiders , always have been, especially garden spiders . But know little about them. I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and for the great suggestions . I have a feeling I will be getting several T's this summer .
That sounds like a good starting tarantula! It is on my list for the future.

Latest posts