• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi new here

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi everyone! I am new here. My name is Christina and I am pretty new to the hobby but I have 5 Tarantulas and 3 real spiders (P. regalis). I have 3 obt slings, a T. violaceus sling and a A. avic with more to come I am sure. I just wanted to introduce myself.
Welcome Christina!

Glad to have you and looking forward to seeing your spoods :):T:

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yes welcome. Share your experiences, ask questions. Share pictures of your spider kids.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
napoleon-dynamite-wave.gif

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum/family, this marvelous place where spider moms are cherished.
Christina, I believe P. regalis to be tarantulas. I am not familiar with the appellation real spider but if you meant true spider, Poecilotheria regalis doesn’t qualify.
This said I might be confused once again today :)
Thrilled that you joined us, looking forward to seeing all your children.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I am thinking she is referring to Phidippus regius a species of jumping spider and also the name of an American actor/talkshow host/ gameshow host.

Edit: I am sorry. I checked online and that was actually the late Regis Philbin.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He's french, they do that
QAnon[a] (/ˈkjuː.əˌnɒn/) is an American far-right political conspiracy theory and movement centered on false claims made by an anonymous individual or individuals, known by the name "Q", that a cabal of Satanic,[1][2][3] cannibalistic pedophiles operate a global child sex trafficking ring that conspired against the former U.S. President Donald Trump during his term in office.[2][3][4][5] Experts have described QAnon as a cult.[6]

This kind of look more american to me than French tho.... ;)

JW NEWBEE

Hi everyone! I am new here. My name is Christina and I am pretty new to the hobby but I have 5 Tarantulas and 3 real spiders (P. regalis). I have 3 obt slings, a T. violaceus sling and a A. avic with more to come I am sure. I just wanted to introduce myself.
New B 2 thats quite a bunch for a beginner...having any difficulties?

Latest posts