• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi I am a beginner with tarantulas I have a Mexican ready he’s about five or four months old and I need some help and advice with my cage

Joemaster

531093D7-3B10-4B6E-A21B-9C234FB5D297.jpeg
1525604F-2906-41F8-8949-FA274BC44433.jpeg
648399EA-F92B-4FD3-8FFA-0FB26ECBC1F4.jpeg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello friend and welcome to the forum.
Nice setup with plenty of space, a hiding place and a water dish :)
What is your top layer of substrate made of? Is it coconut chips or wood chips/fibers? Generally, I wood stay clear of anything made out of wood, including the pin tree hide if I were you.
Have a great weekend.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Remove the heat lamp. You don't need it and it could potentially kill your tarantula (dehydration). Room temp is fine. I would use some type of coco fiber mixed with Peat moss and an organic top soil that doesn't have any fertilizer or chemicals in it. Your setup appears to be too large for the tarantula in the picture but it's hard to tell without knowing the exact leg span. You can place a ruler or maybe even a quarter next to it to give us a better size reference. Nice setup for a large juvenile or adult but definitely not for a sling or anything smaller than a 2.5-3" leg span.

Joemaster

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If he has good cross ventilation, better off without the fan--another possible dehydrating effect.

Latest posts