• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Austin,Tx

Bluefang1990

3 Year Member
Hi my names Robert, please feel free to call me Rob, Bob or whatever nickname you like I've heard them all. Lol I've been in the hobby since 2010. I love tarantulas :) For me it all started with a Texas Brown my dad found at work here in west lake. I slowly started getting over my fear of all 8 legs crawling on me a week after getting him (unknown to me he was a mature male at the time). After that I purchased an OBT, Avicularia Metallica and a Blue Cobalt sling from Paul at petcenterusa.com, started off with 2 expert tarantulas and a pink toe.

Now I have around 50 tarantulas and I plan on keeping it this way. After my first year I started breeding them and my interest in the started to grow as well! This a truly a one of a kind hobby that I never plan on leaving. I hope I get to meet all you guys on this forum some day....add me as a friend after you read this. I love breeding loans and trades :)

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Welcome welcome and welcome!!! If we were to do a trade, or anything like that...How does one ship a T? I'm moving from DE to MO in 3 years...I didn't wanna fly cause of my babies...I was planning on driving, cause I have no clue how they do on planes. Im getting a Black Widow real soon, and then next a Mexican Red Knee...that is the one I am searching for the best breeder, All I ever find here are Rosie's and Pink Toes. Been wanting a Red Knee for about a decade...

Bluefang1990

3 Year Member
I use the straw method for my slings and for large adults I use deli cups. Its kinda hard to explain, videos on youtube help best in my opinion :)
Try looking up RobC or Jon3800

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Welcome! What a nice collection of T's you have! Show us some pics of your babies! :D
I myself have a Rose Hair, Metallic Pink Toe, Salmon Pink Bird eater, and a Chaco Golden Knee, I am only at number 4, but I am sure my collection will grow in time lol

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Yes Pokies and Avicularia. How about yourself Sabeth? :)

That's a tough one! I'm loving my A. geniculata sling...he grows so big with each molt. :) I love the Pokies, too---they're beautiful, but I've never actually seen one up close and personal. I have to stick to New World. :p Which is fine with me, they're awesome!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Welcome welcome and welcome!!! If we were to do a trade, or anything like that...How does one ship a T? I'm moving from DE to MO in 3 years...I didn't wanna fly cause of my babies...I was planning on driving, cause I have no clue how they do on planes. Im getting a Black Widow real soon, and then next a Mexican Red Knee...that is the one I am searching for the best breeder, All I ever find here are Rosie's and Pink Toes. Been wanting a Red Knee for about a decade...

Jamie's Tarantulas has Redknees. (jamiestarantulas.com) That's were I got mine (profile pic)...:) If you look on YouTube you can find some good tutorials on shipping Ts. I shipped a T recently and the vids were extremely helpful...she arrived at her destination safe and sound.

Latest posts