• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone !

C.Lamb

Hi everyone, I'm a 20 y/o newbie from Belgium (I'm sorry, my english isn't that good ahah) that never had a Tarantula before, but I'm looking to get one as soon as possible ;)

I've read and seen a lot about T's , and want one (surely a brachypelma smithi) because I find them so interesting and beautiful.

Quick question : Do you know any good european site that has live arrival guarantee and can ship in Belgium ? I only know "spidersworld.eu" but live arrival isn't guarantee :/

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks LC72uk :)

I guess you're from UK ? ;)
Can you tell me how much time the delivery takes ?
As Enn has mentioned it can take up to 10 days to get to UK , but as you are in Belgium , you`re closer to Poland than we are here in UK so you may get yours quicker.:)

Nunua

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the family!
I live in Finland and just like Enn and LC72uk, heartily recommend https://www.spidersworld.eu/en/ and http://spidershop.pl/?lang=en :)

They do not have live guarantee, but it's mostly because they cannot guarantee how the postal service works after the shipment leaves from Poland. I have ordered 8 slings from spidersworld.eu and 2 slings from spidershop.pl - Every single one arrived healthy and active. People on both websites ship only Ts that are in good shape and they also keep on eye of the weather so they can provide the best possible packaging.

And what comes to the shipping times, usually 5 days to Finland. There has been only one over the weekend delay which was fully my local post services fault.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
1st species?

That's always a tough one. Still, I'd consider any in the Lasiodora genus, purchased as slings 1"-2" DLS in size.

L parahybana or L klugi or L difficilis are all equally good.

They are hardy, have great appetites, grow fast and are terrestrial. They are basically kept dry but overflowing the water dish once a week and keeping a bit of moist moss such as frog moss in the corner is much appreciated.

Here's my L klugi named Justina.

L klugi Justina molt 12-28-17_2.jpg

Latest posts