• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi every1

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us!

BigOtto

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and great choice of T's. The B. smithi will like it a little on the dry side while the A. avic will need some decent humidity. With higher humidity stick with cocofiber and cork bark. Stay away from the local sticks and wood which will create a great environment for mold.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn't know cork bark was anti-mold too! That's a great suggestion!

Donk

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome (new here myself) Id recommend the Brachy, but then im bias as I love the entire genus of B`s....HAve you decided on what T you are keeping. Or if you are getting both.....addiction starts with one remember that ;)

edperrydr

3 Year Member
Hi,
I have a rescue tarantula (Pepsis Wasp victom
20150922_091859.jpg
). Already named her Natasha, we've had her since Sep 26th and she "woke up" after about 3 weeks. She still can't chase down her food and we roll her over on her back while in my hand and give her strained cricket with an eyedropper. Slow, but it works. She has her own 10 gal condo with heater, water, coconut shell base over sand. As such we have no idea how old she is or if she will survive us. My Wife thinks she tickles a lot.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi there! New also this is a great place to get your questions answered, wonderful group of folks here.

Latest posts