• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey

supremebananus

Hello everyone, I’ve been keeping arachnids for a few years and I’m moving over from arachnoboards. My interest started when I was younger from seeing other people keep exotic animals and wanting to get into the reptile hobby. I got very interested in snakes, specifically venom and toxinology and began wanting to keep spiders as well. From then on I’ve been addicted to this hobby and I’m excited to share my pets here and see everyone else’s.

Tarantulas)
0.1.0 Aphonopelma chalcodes
0.0.1 Aphonopelma hetzi
0.1.0 Aphonopelma seemanni
1.0.0 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.0.1 Brachypelma hamorii
0.0.1 Ceratogyrus darlingi
0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens
0.0.1 Cyriocosmus elegans
0.0.1 Ephebopus uatuman
1.0.0 Grammostola pulchra
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.1.1 Neoholothele incei
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Megaphobema robustum
0.1.0 Poecilotheria regalis
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Theraphosa stirmi
0.1.2 Tliltocatl albopilosus
0.0.1 Tliltocatl vagans

Trues)
0.1.0 Latrodectus geometricus
0.1.0 Latrodectus hasselti
0.1.0 Latrodectus mactans

Scorpions)
0.0.1 Buthacus leptochelys
0.0.1 Hadrurus arizonensis
0.0.1 Smeringurus mesaensis

Attachments

• D315F39B-B65F-4805-BA73-DBA3C52A8F91.jpeg
    D315F39B-B65F-4805-BA73-DBA3C52A8F91.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 2CB4FCF8-BF5A-4E6B-BF51-6BD0090A4A2D.jpeg
    2CB4FCF8-BF5A-4E6B-BF51-6BD0090A4A2D.jpeg
    957.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 509B85B5-5C13-4693-8936-169CC99BCD88.jpeg
    509B85B5-5C13-4693-8936-169CC99BCD88.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 5DB91043-46B7-4CEE-87F2-674B95518477.jpeg
    5DB91043-46B7-4CEE-87F2-674B95518477.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 5
  • E236A97B-F917-45DA-A702-5016B0544DF2.jpeg
    E236A97B-F917-45DA-A702-5016B0544DF2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • BF188B16-68D8-4809-B5B0-44940C43D621.jpeg
    BF188B16-68D8-4809-B5B0-44940C43D621.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
AB convert---me too! I think you will find this forum less traveled, but nearly the same info. We tend to be a bit more international and definitely friendlier. Essentially, the only snark you will see will be between friends. Welcome aboard New friend!!:beer::beer:

supremebananus

AB convert---me too! I think you will find this forum less traveled, but nearly the same info. We tend to be a bit more international and definitely friendlier. Essentially, the only snark you will see will be between friends. Welcome aboard New friend!!:beer::beer:
Thank you! That’s exactly what brought me here, I love arachnoboards but it’s very unwelcoming to people trying to educate themselves.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Daisy-chaining on my friend here, I like to compare the two places as a Walmart and a neighborhood mom’s and pop’s shop. Both have value although they are aiming to different needs and crowds. I trust you will quickly get a feel of which one is which ;)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Daisy-chaining on my friend here, I like to compare the two places as a Walmart and a neighborhood mom’s and pop’s shop. Both have value although they are aiming to different needs and crowds. I trust you will quickly get a feel of which one is which ;)
@Oursapoil and @WolfSpider discussing the merits of one forum vs another
magpies-cartoon.gif

There are some truly established keepers with a ton of knowledge on the internet, the problem is accessibility and for the uninitiated, asking questions that have been asked ad infinitum that could be easily answered with a modicum of research rubs everybody's feathers the wrong way. Pun intended.

As tarantula keepers, we are all birds of a feather but yet we enter the aviary of this hobby from many different paths bringing many different perspectives and levels of experience. The only difference here, is we won't roast people for no apparent reason. People with bad manners, that never goes over well anywhere.

Last edited:

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Agreeing as often with most of @octanejunkie is saying, my lack of interest with AB is due to the fact that it is not a place I would let my 10 years old go on and he is one of the most passionate and enthusiastic keeper I know. Fair to say that I am prejudiced :p but he has religiously read every books we could get on tarantulas and in both English and French while never missing a chance to learn something new. This forum welcomed him and became our favorite place to share things about our humble collection and passion.
Once again, AB has a value and a role to play and without it we wouldn’t be able to appreciate Tarantulas Forum as much as we do ;)

Nurse Ratchet

Welcome to the forum. That's an impressive collection. Just starting up myself. None of my prepurchase research warned my that it can be just a teensy bit addictive. I only have 6 (for now). This is my first forum, so I have no basis for comparison, but I find the members quite nice here. They are respectful, helpful, and humorous. Glad to have you join!

shaun

3 Year Member
Hello everyone, I’ve been keeping arachnids for a few years and I’m moving over from arachnoboards. My interest started when I was younger from seeing other people keep exotic animals and wanting to get into the reptile hobby. I got very interested in snakes, specifically venom and toxinology and began wanting to keep spiders as well. From then on I’ve been addicted to this hobby and I’m excited to share my pets here and see everyone else’s.

Tarantulas)
0.1.0 Aphonopelma chalcodes
0.0.1 Aphonopelma hetzi
0.1.0 Aphonopelma seemanni
1.0.0 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.0.1 Brachypelma hamorii
0.0.1 Ceratogyrus darlingi
0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens
0.0.1 Cyriocosmus elegans
0.0.1 Ephebopus uatuman
1.0.0 Grammostola pulchra
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.1.1 Neoholothele incei
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Megaphobema robustum
0.1.0 Poecilotheria regalis
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Theraphosa stirmi
0.1.2 Tliltocatl albopilosus
0.0.1 Tliltocatl vagans

Trues)
0.1.0 Latrodectus geometricus
0.1.0 Latrodectus hasselti
0.1.0 Latrodectus mactans

Scorpions)
0.0.1 Buthacus leptochelys
0.0.1 Hadrurus arizonensis
0.0.1 Smeringurus mesaensis
Welcome. I'm sure that you will find this site friendly and helpful

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, that is one nice collection. I am raising or have raised quite a few of the species you have listed there.

Agreeing as often with most of @octanejunkie is saying, my lack of interest with AB is due to the fact that it is not a place I would let my 10 years old go on and he is one of the most passionate and enthusiastic keeper I know. Fair to say that I am prejudiced :p but he has religiously read every books we could get on tarantulas and in both English and French while never missing a chance to learn something new. This forum welcomed him and became our favorite place to share things about our humble collection and passion.
Once again, AB has a value and a role to play and without it we wouldn’t be able to appreciate Tarantulas Forum as much as we do ;)
Thank you! That’s exactly what brought me here, I love arachnoboards but it’s very unwelcoming to people trying to educate themselves.
I feel like most new members to AB don’t take the time to access the watering hole, therefore only seeing the serious side. It’s always a good time in the watering hole.

Latest posts