• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey there!

onebulletaway

Hi there! I'm Kailen, 31, and live in good ol' Long Island, New York. I got my first tarantula (g. pulchripes sling) at the start of the summer to get over my dislike of spiders. (To explain, I wasn't afraid of them, but just wasn't a fan and the best way to get over something is to just try it/educate yourself and well - here I am less than a year in with six tarantulas! Exposure therapy works.) Unfortunately, I learned early on that slings are sensitive little things and even if the husbandry is correct - they will still pass away. To me, thriving is what 'surviving' should be so I thoroughly enjoy educating myself and don't even get me started on the level of enjoyment I have when building enclosures for my tarantulas.

I have all new world terrestrials as I don't feel comfortable obtaining an old world just yet - I know I can handle it but I want more experience in the hobby before I take it on (plus I need more shelf space!) My collection is as follows: mature female a. chalcodes, an unsexed juvenile t. stirmi, and four unsexed slings (t. albo, t. vagans, g. pulchripes, b. smithi/annitha - the last one being a gift from the lovely Oursapoil as I gave him two exoterra tanks that I no longer needed). I did have a male avic avic but I shipped him off to a Discord friend who was looking for a male for a breeding project.

I look forward to continuing my education in the hobby and possibly even begin a breeding project or two once I'm experienced enough. :)

Attachments

• 632fe5cd-f6f4-4201-b8e4-8e1e3145f3da.jpg
    632fe5cd-f6f4-4201-b8e4-8e1e3145f3da.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 51668b1c-9789-42f5-810f-7ffb800333fb.jpg
    51668b1c-9789-42f5-810f-7ffb800333fb.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 15
  • b07a917f-58f5-426f-b926-d14c72fb701b.jpg
    b07a917f-58f5-426f-b926-d14c72fb701b.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 15
  • d1d9be79-232d-443f-ba34-6af2e48cd3b9.jpg
    d1d9be79-232d-443f-ba34-6af2e48cd3b9.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 5418ca19-275c-46a7-ac57-625c4be74e15.jpg
    5418ca19-275c-46a7-ac57-625c4be74e15.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 16f43980-6b6e-4d88-878c-f29f739e7299.jpg
    16f43980-6b6e-4d88-878c-f29f739e7299.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 14

Tn tarantula

Hi there! I'm Kailen, 31, and live in good ol' Long Island, New York. I got my first tarantula (g. pulchripes sling) at the start of the summer to get over my dislike of spiders. (To explain, I wasn't afraid of them, but just wasn't a fan and the best way to get over something is to just try it/educate yourself and well - here I am less than a year in with six tarantulas! Exposure therapy works.) Unfortunately, I learned early on that slings are sensitive little things and even if the husbandry is correct - they will still pass away. To me, thriving is what 'surviving' should be so I thoroughly enjoy educating myself and don't even get me started on the level of enjoyment I have when building enclosures for my tarantulas.

I have all new world terrestrials as I don't feel comfortable obtaining an old world just yet - I know I can handle it but I want more experience in the hobby before I take it on (plus I need more shelf space!) My collection is as follows: mature female a. chalcodes, an unsexed juvenile t. stirmi, and four unsexed slings (t. albo, t. vagans, g. pulchripes, b. smithi/annitha - the last one being a gift from the lovely Oursapoil as I gave him two exoterra tanks that I no longer needed). I did have a male avic avic but I shipped him off to a Discord friend who was looking for a male for a breeding project.

I look forward to continuing my education in the hobby and possibly even begin a breeding project or two once I'm experienced enough. :)
Welcome to the forum sounds like you have a great start I just got into this hobby myself I have two lasorida parahybanas and one t vagans I'm out of Tennessee this forum is full of amazing and helpful people

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member

Good for you! Welcome to the Forum!

sunset

Welcome to the forum!! I love this hobby/lifestyle. Lol there is always so much to learn, it's exciting. You have a great selection of T's. I'm fairly new to the hobby as well. I started with 2 in September, and I'm now up to 12. Lmao they are all so amazing to watch and care for. I can't wait for some of my slings to get bigger so I can start doing some real nice bio enclosures for them.
This forum is great! People of all walks of life together to help others so T's can have the best care possible. Keep those pics coming!!

Latest posts